Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wheel fitment correct?
  • vongassit
    Free Member

I am looking for a wheel upgrade for my 2015 Giant Anthem 2 27.5. After seeing the offer available on the Superstar site, I am tempted by these, does anyone know if these are the correct sized hubs? I don’t want to be the dick , that buys wheels that don’t fit.

Mavic Switch Ultra 2017 Probuild

Wheelset Mavic Switch Ultra Superdeal x 1
    650b Mavic XC421
    Switch Rear Adaptor x 1
    135x10mm
    Switch Front Adaptor x 1
    SWITCH F 15MM
    Switch Ultra Freehub x 1
    ALLOY Shimano 8/9/10/11 Speed MTB

plus-one

Going by giant website I’d say your good to go 🙂 if giant website is correct ?

akira

I did find on my wife’s giant with a similair superstar wheelset I had to put a small spacer on the end of the hub as it seemed slightly too short and even when very tight had a slight amount of play. Not the end of the world but just thought I’d mention it.

STATO
    Free Member

Switch Rear Adaptor x 1
    135x10mm

This will fit but you would need a 10mm bolt through rear axle/qr. Which are out of stock at superstar so youd need to find one elsewhere.

To use your standard QR from the existing wheels you would need to select.

Switch Rear Adaptor x 1
    QR

akira

Stato, if he’s already got the bike it comes with a 10mm DT Swiss through axle already so he should be fine.

andyl
    Free Member

Just mentions Giant rear hub with 135 QR here: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/anthem-27dot5-2-2015

and interchangeable drop outs here: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/anthem-27dot5-frameset-2015

Any bike that will take 135mm QR will take the 10mm QR. You just need to buy the QR from somewhere.

vongassit
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guy’s. I just was not sure about my Dt swiss pin qr thing fitting. But indications are encouraging, worth a punt methinks.

There is just no end to the expense! 😀

STATO
    Free Member

akira – Member
    Stato, if he’s already got the bike it comes with a 10mm DT Swiss through axle already so he should be fine.

Good info, as andyl points out thats not on the Giant page. Googling pics i can see you are correct it does have a dt skewer, as long as its a 10mm DT Axle not a 5mm DT QR then thats the option to take.

akira

Wife’s 2016 Liv came with 10mm DT Swiss axle, replaced wheels as the pick up on the giant freehub was horrendous. It seemed to have about one pawl so would have been interesting to ride.

vongassit
    Free Member

Great now they have disappeared off their website 👿

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wheel fitment correct?’ is closed to new replies.