Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • wheel dishing.
  • jam-bo

i've got a 721 on a hope bulb that sits off centre in my orange 5 (2006 i think).

i have another wheel that sits central so i'm not sure its the frame.

anyhow, the 721/bulb needs a few new spokes and general TLC I was going to get it rebuilt. How easy is it to change the alignment of the wheel? needs to move to the disc side by about 3-4mm.

bassspine
    Free Member

The dishing will be checked as part of the rebuild.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

read this in the nineties and have built/trued/rim-swapped my own wheels since.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html

effectively you want to loosen all the non-disc side spokes by x amount, and tighten all the disc side spokes by Y amount to pull the rim over.

jam-bo

i don't have the time or the patience to do it myself.

however, i do have the disposable income available to pay someone else too…

Dibbs
    Free Member

however, i do have the disposable income available to pay someone else too…

Me too! but I'd much rather rather do it myself and if it all turns pear shaped there's only one person to blame. 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

sorry I thought the whole point of your question was "how do you do it?", youve answered it yourself with "pay a shop"…

jam-bo

just taken a closer look and solved the dishing issue with a spacer on the axle on the disc side. it appears oranges version of 135mm back end is about 2-3mm different to hopes version of 135mm. when it clamped up with the quick release it was pulling one side of the swingarm into the wheel.

sorted.

just a couple of new spokes and a true now. i can do that..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘wheel dishing.’ is closed to new replies.