Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wheel building help
  • RicB

I'm replacing the deore hub on my front wheel with a Hope pro2.

WTB speed-disc rim (541mm ERD), pro2 hub, DT comp spokes

The DT spoke calculator says 260mm spokes for the left side, 262mm for the right. Can I use 260mm for both?

Hip
    Free Member

You might get away with it if your using 12mm nipples…

If your getting the spokes from CRC I think they'll send you 18 @ 260 and 18 @ 262 if you request them. Best check with them first tho… 🙂

Edit: CRC supply 14mm nipples so you'd need to take 1mm off each sides spoke length and round up/down to nearest available size spoke length which I think still is 260/262.

RicB

Thanks,

OOI- the eyelets aren't offset so why are the two lengths different?

Hip
    Free Member

The hub flanges are not equally spaced from the centre of the hub because of the offset required for the brake disk.

nbt

Disc hub? the flange on the disc side will be closer to the hub centre than the non-disc side

RicB

Ah! Cheers 🙂

JoeNation
    Free Member

You probably could, but I wouldn't. 1mm either way is ok in a pinch, but you're running the risk of not having enough thread engaged on the spokes on one side (although it's the non-disc side, so not quite as crucial). But if you must have equal lengths, don't go for 261s, as the disc side will be too long and you'll bottom out the nipples (don't tell my spokes, my achey breaky spokes…).

Mister-P
    Free Member

261 both sides would be fine IMO.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

260 will be fine both sides IMO.

I have loads of 262mm ACI spokes (1.7mm – 2mm, 12mm nipples) if you need some or find your 260mm ones too short.

Look at Ribble cycles for spokes too. box of 144 for about 30 quid, ACI stainless as above. Its what Merlin cycles use as standard.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone know anywhere that sells DT comp spokes cheeply in a 276mm or 277mm lengths with 14mm or 12mm nipples respectively?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wheel building help’ is closed to new replies.