Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • wheel building dirty habit
  • baronspudulike
    Free Member

I find myself doing theraputic wheel building when i’m bored. I accidentally order a rim and some spokes and then one evening just build a wheel, with a cuppa on my sofa, for an hour. Just finished another wheel tonight. I’ve even rebuilt wheels in the past. Do others have a similar habit/problem? I think it is a healthier habit than others I could have but it does result in having more wheelsets than bikes and having to find places to keep them. My gf is very understanding thankfully.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

get a job in a bike shop ……you wont know yourself 😉

muckytee
    Free Member

Make some money out of it…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    takisawa2

Rule no 1. Never talk about wheelbuild club.

gnusmas

maybe you should start making them to order, if it is therapy then a massive profit wouldn’t necessarily be required – just an idea

wordnumb
    Free Member

So long as you also use them occasionally it’s probably nothing to worry about. If building has replaced riding seek help.

baronspudulike
    Free Member

Don’t think a job in a bike shop would be nearly as entertaining as it looks from the outside. Probably not pay all that well either, just keep it as a dirty habit for quiet windy dark evenings.

I have been known to run a beer for truing arrangement with friends, make sure to get the wheel done before giving me the beer though as I stop seeing straight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘wheel building dirty habit’ is closed to new replies.