Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wheel builders help please
  • eddie1971
    Free Member

I need a set of wheels building but getting the correct spoke length is very confusing as every online spoke calculator gives a different size.

The build is:

Rims WTB ST i23 TCS 603 ERD.
    Hubs Hope pro 2 32H.

Any advise welcome, thank you

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve always been happy with the Dt Swiss one myself. Possibly comes up a Mil or so short ime.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I use the wheel pro, but results do vary depending on if you’re using manufacturers measurements or your own & which spokes, as we find DT’s are often 1mm shorter than claimed on the box, whereas Halo are exactly as claimed.

eddie1971
    Free Member

I’ve used the pro wheel builder calculator and this is what it tells me:

Front Left spoke length: 289.8

Front Right spoke length: 291.3

Rear Left spoke length: 291

Rear Right spoke length: 290.1

Could I just use 292mm for both wheels or do I buy exact length I would be using DT Swiss spokes

Thanks

amedias
    Free Member

I just built a pair of those wheels for a friend last week (well i25s not i23s but the ERD is the same)

he used the online calcs but they were coming out all over the shop, ended up measuring them up myself, ended up using:

292/293 F
    293/292 R
    14mm nipples
    32h 3x all over

going slightly longer was OK as they were DT spokes and I always find it better to add a mm or so to the box measurement with DT, they built up just fine and dandy.

mintimperial

Buy the parts, measure them properly yourself, plug the dimensions into the wheelpro spoke calculator, check with another spoke calculator, then buy the spokes after. It’s the only way to be sure.

scotroutes

This one has worked ok for me
    https://leonard.io/edd/

Your measurements give

Front 291.5 293.2
    Rear 292.5 291.7

14mm nipples / 3x

That’s non-Evo hubs (if it makes any difference)

eddie1971
    Free Member

Thanks guys that’s a massive help..I’ll use amedias’s method sound simple enough.

Thank you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wheel builders help please’ is closed to new replies.