Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wheel builder in the Guildford area?
  • sam_underhill

Following on from my questions about spokes coming undone, can anyone suggest a good wheel builder / fixer in the Guildford area?

Simwit

I don’t know about building full wheels but I had mine trued & tightened recently at Tamed Earth in Hindhead & they stood up to a week of serious rock bashing in Slovenia with no signs of trouble so may be worth a try.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Cycleworks in burpham or Leatherhead, had a couple of sets of wheels built by them, been great, no problems at all.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Have a word with Nathan at Giant Store Guildford.

sam_underhill

Ta. I’ve heard good things about tamed earth generally. Also popped into giant store the other day and they seemed nice chaps.

ade9933
    Free Member

Jacqui @ Nirvana Cycles in Westcott has good rep.

ianfitz
    Free Member

No idea about anywhere else but Matt at 18 bikes has built me two set of wheels. One have had 15,000km of off-road abuse. Been checked and didn’t even need any adjustment to spoke tension or anything.

I would never go elsewhere for a wheel build. Clearly not local to you but postage isn’t so expensive…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nirvana Cycles in Westcott, my LBS when I lived in Guildford. Built both my bikes. Easy to drop off or pick up stuff before or after a ride.

handyandy
    Free Member

I just had a set built at Tamed Earth, and cannot fault them.
    They are on my 4x bike and are handling the abuse without any cause for concern so far.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wheel builder in the Guildford area?’ is closed to new replies.