Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • wheel bearing replacement costs?
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

Just looking for a rough idea of wheel bearing replacement costs before I ring round a few places (Toyota Corolla 54 plate, front drivers side wheel)

totalshell

we had an ouch with our renault the bearing is part of the disc and they only fit in pairs..

ebygomm
    Free Member

Well, my quotes so far are one ouch

£361.51 inc vat

and one less ouch

£80 + vat

Not entirely sure I trust the second one as it involved no looking up of parts whatsoever. First one seems too high though

khani
    Free Member

A quick google suggests its just a bearing held on with a circlip and costs about £30 ish.. I’d go with the £80 one or DIY..

Northwind

It’s very vehicle specific… Googling around suggests that the front one might be a bearing-only replacement (cheap) and the rear a whole hub replacement (bit pricier) so that could also explain the variation of quotes.

somafunk

There’s various wheel bearings for a 2004 Corolla dependant on engine spec, anything from £15 on the lesser engine models through to £64 for the 1.8i + above.

No more than 1.5 hrs labour to fit at the very most so the max £ from a reputable independent garage should not be more than £80 to £130.

Dependant on how fussy you are or if tyre wear has been an issue you may need your tracking and camber checked/adjusted afterwards, personally i’d do it but it’s your/or the garages call.

(mechanic to trade)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘wheel bearing replacement costs?’ is closed to new replies.