Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Wheat Beers… so whats nice??
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Recently got into drinking Hoegarden as it doesnt seem to give me a headache after just 2 of em. What else is there thats good??

druidh
    Free Member

You might have the same allergy as me!!

Erdinger is readily available. They do a dark version too for a bit of variety.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just added one to my tesco order.. Cheers!

andybanks
    Free Member

I’m the opposite. Love Hoegarden but just one bottle gives me a guaranteed headache.

Give Leffe a try.

sparksmcguff

My favourite wheat beer has to be Golden Promise (St Austell brewery). A lot lighter than the German ones and ever so slightly flowery but still a wheat beer.

edit – disaster, they don’t make it any more. It was lovely.

duffle
    Free Member

Ummmmmm Hoegarden……just finished a half litre bottle 😀

properbikeco
    Free Member

tesco had a load on special over the christmas period

they are all quite distinct, unlike some lagers

just get out and try them – erdinger is my personal fave atm

rOcKeTdOg

the “hell” beer from Aldi is lovely

as is this

fizzicist
    Free Member

Franziskarner Is great stuff, as is Blue Moon.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Erdinger is lovely,great transition from lager to wheat beers, soft and not overpowering taste.

Try Weihenstephan if you can get it, really nice wheat beer.

I avoid Hoegarden since it´s now part of an evil corporation trying to dominate the beer world (Inbev).

grum
    Free Member

Koenig Ludwig is nice.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Another vote for Paulaner and Franziskaner. I’ve no hangover issues with Hoegaarden, but Erdinger gives me the foulest hangover. Erdinger Scheeweisee if you can find it is lovely, absolutely amazing flavour – but gives me an agonising, day wasting debilitating hangover. And I don’t normally get them from anything.

Despite this i still tried it several times.

Sandwich

If you want one without the sediment, look for cristall wheat beer. It’s a fab summer drink.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Leffe Blonde is nice, I also like the ‘ruby’ version which my parents regularly get from Belgium. It’s a cherry version.

Something else for the OP to look at (although not a wheat beer AFAIK) is St Peter’s Brewery’s Organic Ale.

Mugboo

Erdinger Dunkel on draught or the Oktoberfest Erdinger when it’s around. Fruli if your only having a couple. And I had 3 pints of a Sam Smiths wheat beer in London and they were superb.

We drank Blue Moon in Colorado out of jam jars with a slice of orange but sadly it tasted a lot better après snowboarding… They did a really nice Blue Moon winter special though!

porlus
    Free Member

+1 on Sam smiths wheat beer. Lovely and loads cheaper than erdinger. Tricky to get hold of if you don’t live either oop north or in London though.

fizzicist
    Free Member

I find Sam Smiths rather malodorous the following day….

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hoegarden Rosé 😛

andeh

Sam Smiths +1

…..though agree about the, um, after effects 😳

properbikeco
    Free Member

hoegaarden rose is the foulest thing i have ever drunk!

allyharp

If you can find it I’d highly recommend Schneider Weiss Aventinus. A little darker than a standard wheat beer, but with some nice stong flavours.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Mmmm Erdinger was pretty good.. quite similar to hoegarden.
    Will get down to lidl for a look. Thanks for the responses

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Wheat Beers… so whats nice??’ is closed to new replies.