Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • What's your weekend plans?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Given the forecast a ski resort sounded sensible
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/R7NTZ5]Vic high country[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr

http://bike.mtbuller.com.au/downhill_trails.php
    Couple of days of shuttles and maybe a run up something else in order.
    What you a up to?

deviant
    Free Member

Got to get my head around jumping properly, will be building jumps of varying heights on the downslope to the stables while Mrs Deviant no doubt laughs at me and gets ready with 999 on her phone.

lowey

Was planning a load of Cheek around Coniston and Wetherlam but the forecast looks biblical. I dont mind rain and wind, but tomorrow looks exceptional.

Do I man up or spend the day catching up on jobs.

chvck
    Free Member

I’m hoping that it brightens up so i can go and play in the Nant-y-arian skills area this afternoon, not sure it’ll be as much fun in the wet. Might head to Cwm Rhaeadr tomorrow and then probably something between nant and mach on sunday.

It has just started pissing it down here…

globalti
    Free Member

Quick beasting on the road bike after work today at 3.30

Drink some beer.

Milligans of Burnley Saturday AM for kindling and Pureheat.

Neighbour’s on Sunday if the rain stops, to cut down a couple of small trees and trailer the wood home for the log store.

Another ride out if the weather turns out better than forecast.

mrhoppy

Quantocks on Saturday, hoping some advance planning gets me a proper ride this time.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

Club road ride tomorrow, give the MTB a spanking on Sunday! BBQ/beer/pub fitted around that somewhere.

piemonster

Sleeping in a Gore Tex bag in the Scottish Highlands.

Idiot.

Two others from here planning similar.

Also idiots.

Kryton57

Fettling with mine & jnrs bikes tomorrow, racing Sunday.

weeksy

Fri afternoon/night is a local trails ride, looking at 25+ miles, nice easy pace and maybe a beer at the end.
    Sat is Forest of Dean for mini-enduro race for my lad, followed by pancakes in the cafe 🙂
    Sun i’m up at Rockingham to see a few buddies and the potentially a Zwift in the evening.

jekkyl

Got the day off work (woohoo) to fill a skip with all the waste from the recent now completed extension (boo) lots of heavy lifting on my tod, but the sun is out so it’s not too bad. Other than that not too bad a weekend planned. Might go cycling tonight, local lanes and tracks. More sorting, cleaning and pottering about tomorrow, might take my girl swimming & then cycling in the evening over Mowcop from Alsager wiv ma mate with drinking after. Then we’re heading to friends on sunday for a lunchtime indian buffet over matlock! should be nice!

ton

beer with son and daughter in law tomorrow.
    riding with essell on sunday.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Might attempt fitment of Huck Norris to rear tyre tonight, then I’ve got to finish a drawing of a woman having sex with a sea turtle, for reasons. Both activities seem to need some booze.

Riding tomorrow. It’s cold by Hong Kong standards, which is a mixed blessing. Riding to be followed by some booze.

Sunday we’ll see. Probably a lie-in, then some riding. 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

clearing out the garden sheds…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Surfing, that wind we all hated.. well we’re hoping it’s brought some Swell along with it.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Was going to go in to London to attend a lecture at the LSE by Emily Chappell but think since the wife and kids are away in London I’m going to go for a loooong ride in the hills in attempt to get fit(ter) for the Chilcotins in summer

Marin
    Free Member

Dinner out with family tonight. Building back stdp for sister tomorrow. Slithering down Foel Gnasch (sp) on downhill bike Sunday.

bigdaddy

Gorrick Racing on Sunday, weather looks good for it too…

ahsat

3 days bikepacking in the Lakes….

Ha! Weather fail!

That is rapidly turning into 3 days drinking beer and eating cake!

chvck
    Free Member

Well, the sun is out in force here! Forecast isn’t so great for tomorrow though…

wwaswas

Going to Top Gear being filmed.

fifeandy
    Free Member

5 hours planned split across two days – not quite sure exactly how it’ll work out yet.

Ideally 3hrs Z1/2 on Saturday and 2hrs Singlespeeding (assuming i get mudguards sorted) Sunday.

Sister just got her first bike in 20ish years though, so may go out for a bimble with her.

cokie

Slow paced ride round Swinley.
    Had a horrible flu for 2 weeks and only just recovering.

stevied
    Free Member

House viewings so probably no riding for me.
    The one I like the most is an ex Isolation Hospital from the 1900’s. Wife is not too keen due to the number of people who may have died there 🙄

milky1980
    Free Member

Was going to go to Afan tomorrow and a short road ride Sunday morning. Sadly came down with a vicious bout of norovirus Wednesday evening so tomorrow’s definitely off 🙁

Might go for a short road ride Sunday if I have the energy.

submarined
    Free Member

Well, I was going to do 2 laps of Cannock to see how 8 weeks of training had helped, but doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

Any tips for good places to ride solo within an hour or so of Stratford that might actually be not covered in trees tomorrow?

daver27
    Free Member

First decent ride on the new toy

tjagain

Working 7am til 8pm both days

trail_rat
    Free Member

5 hours planned split across two days – not quite sure exactly how it’ll work out yet.

Ideally 3hrs Z1/2 on Saturday and 2hrs Singlespeeding (assuming i get mudguards sorted) Sunday.

God I really don’t miss training. I miss racing but I don’t miss the training one bit.

Going out with the Mrs on the bikes over to the beach at stoney and having food at the pub before riding back and recomencing work on the bike bus.

Klunk
    Free Member

Not going to ride over the weekend so 50km road today out to the big tree and back, tad chilly with my knees on display 🙂

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Mad Jack’s audax from Hailsham tomorrow, then probably a S Downs CX ride on Sunday if my legs and/or stomach have recovered in time.

madhouse

With a bit of luck my wheels will get delivered to my LBS tomorrow so I’ll be fetching them and building them up ahead of a ride on Sunday morning.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sailing around Afan by the sounds of things, Spring in a few days…

TimP
    Free Member

Just found out I am out shopping for a front door tomorrow. Think I am going to struggle to find an opinion on more than 1, apart from “HOW MUCH!??!” which is apparently not a suitable answer.

ThePinkster

This weekend i will mostly be building & fitting kitchen cabinets & worktops.

Not actually ridden a bike since before Christmas due to illness & other commitments 🙁

Tracey

Probably going to fettal the camper tomorrow so that is ready for this year’s first outing. Abigale has arrived home from Uni, along with a bag full of washing, to borrow the car for the Uni trip to Revolution Bike Park. May get a local ride in on Sunday

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Was planning to meet old mtb club at cannock but looking like dog and monkey are closed due to doris

MoreCashThanDash

Stitches came out my thumb this morning, so I’m hoping that I can get my first ride in a fortnight tomorrow. Weather looks unpredictable though.

Failing that, or in addition to, there’s a few bits to swap on the wife and daughters bikes.

And going out for an all you can eat brunch on Sunday 😀

theboatman
    Free Member

Would love to boast and say why wait till the weekend, but this was my only child free 4 hours till monday. Have great weekends all!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘What's your weekend plans?’ is closed to new replies.