Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whats your verdict Commencal Meta AM 4.2
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.commencal-store.com.au/meta-am-v42-c102x3256012
    Bargain prices, solid ish build coupled with the spares hanging around.
    Seriously tempted, decent reviews as a descender that will climb. Got a dropper that would fit, some GX to swap out the heaviest of the NX for and some finishing kit options.

Tell me something about it 🙂

muggomagic

I’ve nothing to add other than I think they look superb. So obviously you should buy one.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the 4.2, but I had the 4 and it was a great bike, just a little short for me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

anyone else?

ocrider

A guy I know has had one for four months now and loves it to pieces although he’s still trying to get used to how stiff it is. He had an old epic that bent round the corners beforehand 🙂

honourablegeorge

Four friends on Meta 4s, one of them on the newest 4.2 version, and all extremely happy bunnies. The back end does flex about quite a bit if you lean on it in the carpark, and tightening pvots seems to be a regualr thing, but they’re great bikes to ride

arogers
    Free Member

I had the AM V4. Liked the ride a lot, though I agree on the flexy rear end. I know a lot of people like a bit of designed-in flex but I don’t. It’s a really capable bike though. No real weakness. Oh, except pivots loosening, as others have mentioned. What are you riding at the moment?

The downside of the Commencal, and the main reason I got rid of mine, is Commencal. A few bits fell apart. Clearly warranty issues, mostly with their own brand/rebranded kit. They couldn’t have cared less. The whole warranty experience left me resentful of the company and the bike so I got rid. Compare that with warranty experience from Giant and Specialized which made me want to go out and buy another one of their bikes immediately…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

going between a 2012 nomad and blur ltc, looking for something more modern on a budget that in the end will donor up to a SC frame probably. For the price it’s decent short term with a whistler/utah trip in the offing and a couple of other things like that. Got spares for anything other than wheels really

muggomagic

Think if you are ultimately after a donor bike I’d be wanting one with a better spec. Airdrop and YT offer better around that price point.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Airdrop are a no to here, YT attracts import tax and out of stock.

muggomagic

Canyon?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Same deal on tax and shipping blow it well beyond the commencal, if the frame is good the I’m probably sold

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whats your verdict Commencal Meta AM 4.2’ is closed to new replies.