Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • What's your username all about then?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

cos I ride slowly.. compared to concorde or a F22 Raptor or a bullet or a veyron…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Because I am. 8)

ton

FoxyChick – Member
    Because I am.

mm mmmmm 😉

takisawa2

Is a CNC machine I used to program & set.
    And this is my re-birth after the hacking debacle.

teagirl
    Free Member

ton, won't you need to change your name to kilo?

m0nster2
    Free Member

As in Ducati.
    My motorised two-wheel transport at the time.

And this is my re-birth after the hacking debacle.

Ditto

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Tell them how fast I am Takisawa2 – You fancy ride monday – 9:30 at Tackaroo Gates ( Colin & Chris are riding)

simonralli2
    Free Member

I used to be known as simonralli but when the website got hacked for some unknown reason I was under the impression I would need a new one so went for simonralli2. I don't know why I didn't go for simonralli1 and to be honest would like to ditch the 2 but hey ho.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I like coffee.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Ooh, goody, it's the caffeine queen!! 😆

freddyg
    Free Member

Was my nickname at school some 30 years ago.

MrsGrips, is that true? I've just read it out to MrsG and we both thought it lovely.

yunki
    Free Member

yunki… short for youngster.. cos I'm the oldest of my closest mates..

firsttothecafe
    Free Member

I can't resist a sprint for the cafe!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I live in one of the less salubrious parts of this city. Natives can get a bit restless now and again and I'm surrounded by them

'Them'? Zulus? As in black people?

Maybe he means Birmingham City fans, who are nicknamed the 'Zulus'?

Strangelove
    Free Member

because I had just watched the film

Yes I do know that is not Dr Strangelove but is Major 'King' Kong played by Slim Pickens

Edric64
    Free Member

cos it's my name and my birth year

Tricone
    Free Member

Because it is the type of guitar that sits next to my computer and all I could think of at the time.

Filthy
    Free Member

I like muddy puddles… oh and I allegedly have a dirty mind. It's also a kind of misspelt extension of my name Phil.

Also the stw mods wouldn't let me register the name Hitler, apparantly it was innapropriate.

LittleTones
    Free Member

I'm little and I'm Tones

Squidschy lamb

easygroove
    Free Member

techno DJ from Bristol. circa "the raving days of glory – early-mid 90's" 🙂 …..

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Tracker= old nickname from work after a particularly long night involving drink and curry, and the ability to track where I had been thanks to the trail of devastation in my wake. (OK, I puked a bit).
    1972= year of birth seeing as Tracker seemed to have been taken everywhere on the internet by the time I arrived.

Use it pretty much everywhere on the internet so I don't have to remember loads of different usernames and passwords.

Solo
    Free Member

Because I usually cycle……alone

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Because I am.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Druid tank from WoW 🙄 – long story of 4 years of WoW crack addiction and top level raiding. I am now a rehabilitated X WoW crack addict. Bee going straight since last April 😯

Mounty_73

Mounty – as a young lad I was always chasing the girls… 🙂

deep_river
    Free Member

My blues guitar name, from another life!

nuke

well my username was originally the name of the hub maker from the 90s, nukeproof, which, back in the day, I liked but could not afford although I hear they had a tendency to break. Since the brand has been resurrected I thought I'd just shorten it…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

http://www.motoringpicturelibrary.com/preview_image.asp?fleID=6481

Mis-spelled, obviously.

Until recently, the bear was the only artifact to survive the crash.

Reference to my survival from a disfunctional family.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

long story, but essentially did something very daft, nickname at the time was captain caveman, mates re-coined it captain bastard

to this day, same mates refer to 'doing a captan bastard'

Harry_the_Spider

Explanation lifted from another site.

My favourite campaign – Harry the Spider passes prickle-effect acid test Cadbury didn’t have to work hard at all to grab my attention when I was a child. After all, their ads were for my favourite substance – chocolate.

In the ’60s and ’70s, Cadbury’s ads were ubiquitous and famous. The jingles are super glued onto my memory.

You can’t forget “a finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat” or “everyone’s a fruit and nut case, crazy for those Cadbury nuts and raisins”.

But the ultimate Cadbury ad, which still makes my eyes prickle with pleasure, was the ones with Harry the Spider for Cadbury’s Chocolate Fingers.

Cadbury’s fingers are a gift of a brand. Any agency should be shot if they could not produce a great ad with this client, but this is the one that has lingered.

A charming, freckled lad, with a broad toothy grin is listing all the events that he celebrates by eating Cadbury Fingers – birthdays, school holidays and Easter.

In the final shot, he shoots a wicked smile at the camera, slides open a matchbox and announces that today he is eating Cadbury’s Fingers to celebrate Harry the Spider’s coming out party (with no double entendre in the ’70s).

Although you never hear them, you can feel his mum and sisters screaming at the huge pet spider he has living in thematchbox.

It’s a triumph of casting and a brilliant, economical script.

I suspect that for most of us there is a golden age of ads happening somewhere between our childhood and teenage years, and with a child’s faultless memory for the trivial we can call up those ads decades later.

I can still sing the complete Stardrops jingle… “The household cleaner, concentrated too, a few drops does your washing up and shines your house like new.

Stardrops, Stardrops!” Most of these ads were mundane and seem to be for household cleaners.

But when it comes to great ads they have to pass an acid test, they have to make my eyes prickle – tears or laughter, a great ad has to have the “prickle” effect every time I see it.

It is still a real pleasure when I see a new ad that succeeds in generating the prickle.

Alison Payne is planning director at Craik Jones
    [/i]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I ride my bikes in the mud.

I'm a shortarse.

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

cos I am – born and bred and proud of it – YRA !

drain

As foretold by my grandad, "Adrian' became 'Adrain" (through typos at first then "ooh, that's funny, look") then plain 'drain'. It's stuck since I was about 13. And bizarrely/through another example of nominative determinism, I ended up working in the water/wastewater industry.

Any rumours that I have a mind like a sewer are scurrilous and unfounded 😉

mollski
    Free Member

MOLLSKI,because our cats called molly and im from the USSR 😈

Dan67
    Free Member

Because my names Dan and 67 is close together on the key board when I put a number after my name

Back in the day on here I used to be SingleTrackRocks (just because it does) and everyone used to shorten it to STR, hence when I had to re-register I became TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs…..STR

Once upon a time there was a fairly unreliable mountain bike forum… which got hacked/owned with its own bombers

soobalias
    Free Member

Skive Off Out Biking alias

first used in 2005 when the site was gonna be down for a day* so i bunked off and went for a ride. Didnt use my usual login so work were none the wiser.

*the much anticipated stw v2

unsponsored
    Free Member

My kayaking website – http://www.unsponsored.co.uk

Just liked the sound of it when I was learning to write HTML.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘What's your username all about then?’ is closed to new replies.