Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's your ultimate pre-Snowflex board waxing method then?
  • bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I’ve always found conventional wax worse than useless on Snowflex slopes. The liquid teflon stuff is pretty good, but it’s too expensive to waste on artificial slopes really.

Everyone at Wareham seems to be using Pledge, but I’m reluctant to use domestic cleaning products on my base, lest I **** it up.

What do you use and what are the results like?

Woody
    Free Member

If you are worried about your base it’s probably better to buy an old board as Pledge would be the least of your worries on most artificial slopes.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is that the same as Denim? In our racing days we used a base layer of hardwax with liquid Mr sheen or fairy liquid foamed up. Lasted one run.

jools182
    Free Member

i tend to leave a lot of wax on the base if i’m going to a dry slope, by the time I have got to the top of the button lift its pretty much all gone

you can get some specific stuff by a company called data for about a fiver

indoor snow slopes aren’t much better for your board or skis

sam_underhill

Yep normal wax will be effing useless on a dry slope. it’ll all be the wrong temperature.

in my old ski racing days, I used to go with a data dry slope hot wax with a liberal spray of “back to black” in the start gate. Although, I suspect some of the zardos not wax would work pretty well (it’s awesome on snow btw).

any slippery product is pretty much gone in the first few metres on a dry slope anyway, so if you are there for fun (I’m not sure snowboarding on dry slope is!) I wouldn’t bother. Just slap some dry slop wax on which will help stop the base drying out. just remember to take it all off, service and put a sensible snow wax on before using in the cold.

GrahamS

Or just go to a snowdome 🙂

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Hmmm….looks like I’ll need to hunt down this data stuff then.

I like snowdomes, but my nearest High Wycombe (I think! Used to be MK) is about an hour and a half away, whereas Wareham is only 20 minutes from home.

Snowflex is quite good fun and less risk of injury than actul snow, let alone the old Dendex diamonds of death! It’s just the friction that gets me, there’s nothing like running out of momentum on the lip of a kicker 😯

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I think we used data silver rub on wax hot waxing is a pointless waist of time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's your ultimate pre-Snowflex board waxing method then?’ is closed to new replies.