Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Whats your top trump ?
  • batfink
    Free Member

Putting things in the loft

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Not “roosting in the loft”, batfink?

weeksy

Organisational skills. I’m the person who rounds up people and gets things done like adventures, trips etc.

slackalice
    Free Member

A full on 10 minute or so adult ‘fairy story’/monologue with incessant alliteration, featuring characters such as the Pretty Princess Pauline, Percy the Ponce the Proud Prussian prince, Big Bold Boris the black Bulgarian baron and of course, King Constantine the C**t.

Strangely, much easier to tell after a few shandy’s 8)

rocketman
    Free Member

Relentless

rumple
    Free Member

able to do the worm forward/ backwards, and can throw a frisbee seriously well?

DaRC_L

Chief tea/coffee maker

amedias
    Free Member

I can do the rubix cube.. takes about 5 mins

pah, amateur!

Zemdegs, 17, scored a fastest average time of 8.18 seconds for solving the classic 3×3 cube, with a fastest single solve of 7.36 seconds!

It would appear my top trump might be ‘Internet forum one-uppery by proxy’

Never forget the way to a place I have been?

I also have this, coupled with a decent sense of direction, my riding friends call it ‘Matt-Nav’

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

the thing I am best at is choosing the insane girlfriend / partner / wife. I’m dead good at picking pretty girls who are complete fruitcakes. Maybe its being with me that makes them go that way? hmmm. reminds me I should have seen that youtube video when I was younger.

other than that I am very average and pretty happy I am.

D0NK

Distinctly average, having difficulty coming up with anything
    Oh, I do have on overwhelming lack of confidence, does that count? 😆

Never forget the way to a place I have been?

having missed my turning last night only to loop around back to where I started from whilst I was picking up the youngest sprog last night I guess I don’t qualify for that (TBF only the 3rd time I’ve made this journey and eldest was talking my ear off at the time). Even worse, if I do make a navigational error I tend to keep making it, next time I’m going that way I’ll make the same mistake.

I do tend to be fairly good at remembering bits of trail tho, stuff I’ve ridden once years ago, re-riding it it’ll suddenly pop into my head “ah, trail goes left next, drops, a little sharp right hander with loose gravel then a steep climb” No idea how this compares to other’s “trail memory” I know some riders who will barely register that they did the exact same route a year or two ago.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I can cure myself of hiccups.

amedias
    Free Member

you’re not cured, they’re just in remission

tang
    Free Member

I can make a pop sound from my mouth that is really loud without the use of fingers. I’ve been dining out on it for 30 years and only met one person who can do it; my mate at school. He was amazed I could do it, needless to say it became a double act!

maccruiskeen

I can make a pop sound from my mouth that is really loud without the use of fingers.

On rare occasions I do that, all be it not especially loud, when I’m asleep, mid snore.

Snore-y inhale
    pause
    *pop*
    Snore-y exhale

repeat until woken by the bed shaking because Ms Macc is laughing so much.

maccruiskeen

The old Digital Rectal Massage trick?

Cougar

Never forget the way to a place I have been? Seems everyone has that card.

Not me, I’m bloody useless. I’e decent spacial awareness but I have zero memory for geography. I’ve a mate who lives maybe 40 miles away, I’ve visited half a dozen times and still need to crib my notes for the last couple of miles off the motorway.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Again like a few above, once I’ve been to a place once I know how to get there.
    Went to Rhodes age 12 and eleven years later could still find my way around town like a local.
    However my memory is useless when it comes to numbers.

Northwind

I have a fairly ridiculous pain threshold. Or rather, pain awareness level- I’m not super hard, if it hurt I’d go for a cry, it’s just that things that should hurt like a bastard, don’t. So you get stuff like walking into a&e on a broken hip and when asked to rate the pain 1-10 saying “I dunno, 3? 4 maybe?” Or walking into work dripping blood everywhere after a bike crash, with no concept of the fact that I’d injured myself, and when everyone freaks out going “Damn it! There’s a hole in my jacket!”

Ironically I have no tolerance for irritation or aches at all.

johnx2
    Free Member

that ability to chuck headless guys up cliffs is a good one.

Talent free zone here. I’ve a high pain threshold I guess, or rather a very short memory. I’ve never bothered with anesthetics at dentists, bar for a couple of extractions when I was a kid. I’d rather get it over with and not have a numb jaw. It’s only when the drilling’s actually happening I remember just how much it hurts, and swear to have an injection next time. But then I’ve forgotten again five minutes later. So yeah there we go: slow learner, shite memory, insensitive.

As Piaf said, probably in French: “use your faults, use your defects…” I’m not sure she said how to do this though. Anyway, what do I score?

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Whats your top trump ?’ is closed to new replies.