Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • What's your top speed on an MTB?
  • bullandbladder
    Free Member

53 and a bit on Kirkstone pass on the roadbike. Awesome descent on this years’ Fred Whitton. Hooning past other riders on the wrong side of the road with no regard for safety of any kind. 8)

MTB I have no idea. Maybe 40 with a favourable wind.

vondally
    Free Member

thanks folks always thought i was megaslow/self preservation so on yeti asr 7 with 2.35 tyres

on road 41.3
    off road 30.2

the on road was passed by SO and daughter………..

WillC9999
    Free Member

Dunno exactly how fast but descending Ventoux I overtook an Audi I estimated doing 30+ mph fairly rapidly so maybe high forties? More excitingly I also overtook a roadie who very nearly shat himself on hearing the ridiculous roaring of my knobblies up his rear. He actually pulled over to let my only vaguely in control vibrating 26″ mess hurtle past. I love disk brakes 🙂

djtom
    Free Member

51mph, Mammoth Mountain Kamikazi downhill run, circa 2003.

Long long long dead straight fire road at about 15% gradient.

I absolutely sh1t myself to be honest. I like going fast, but that was something else. Knowing that someone had recently died nearby (Earthquake Jake Watson) from a supposedly 50+ mph crash was enough to stop me trying any harder.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Seem to recall that some years ago the cops radar trapped a lad on the Berridale braes in Caithness at 70mph. Made the local papers – “lucky to escape a ban – blah,blah”
    Just did 40 mph on me full suss cannondale (slicks) into a headwind down the Brae from Daviot to Inverness. Reckon 50+ would be possible in still conditions – in fact may go back and let you all know what the crack is, see if anyone could crack 70 on a road bike!!!!

A while ago to push the limit, on a hill from Mijas To Fuengirola in southern Spain

72kph on the back wheel for quite some distance… Kona Dawg supreme custom

A Mountainbiker Guide’s greatest skill is to wheelie and manual everywhere if nothing else…

(Adrenaline seeking is fun but respect the limit)

milky1980
    Free Member

Regularly cracked 40mph on the fireroad run-out on the blue at Avoriaz last week, verified by four of us with different speed devices (GPS and normal computer). Locals said 50 was possible if you cleared the small drainage gully jumps at speed. Fun watching them bottom out their DH rigs just on the shallow compression! Fastest on road was 57mph according to one of those matrix signs.

Scapegoat

I’ve done 48 mph down Ripponden Bank on my XC bike, and only just beaten that by a tiny margin on my road bike. I once clocked just over 38 off road on a fire road but wouldn’nt want to go much faster than that….

Mounty_73

Clocked 36mph yesterday, but I am going to try and top that judging by some of these speeds 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘What's your top speed on an MTB?’ is closed to new replies.