Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Whats your resting heart rate?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Age 36
    Resting heart rate is 74

seems a touch high 🙁

weeksy

Age 43. Resting heart rate 43 currently (garmin + strap next to me lol)

wilburt
    Free Member

Usually c.50, dunno why cos by every other health metric I’m ****.

breninbeener

Im 48 and its 52 when sat still. If i lie down and think calm stuff i can drop into high 40s

Jamie
    Free Member

60-ish.

dunmail
    Free Member

Late fifties and a RHR of 48 or slightly less.

iamanobody
    Free Member

dropped to 67 after a walk – only difference is i’m smiling 🙂

devash
    Free Member

Aged 31 and usually around 50bpm

warton
    Free Member

Aged 40, and about 43 / 44

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Age 40, RHR of 42. Did have it down to 38 a few years ago and hoping to get below 40 again after I finish my winter training plan I’m doing atm.

Yak

Age 38, just measured at 58/59ish.

edit – 2 coffees in just now too 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

39 and 60, but Ive just finished my 4th coffee of the morning.

AlexSimon

56 at the moment. Age 42

J-R

Age 55 and RHR about 45.

felixdamouse
    Free Member

im 34 and mine is around 48

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

51 in Feb and just measured 56 on the phone app – and have just finished a large costa caramel-latte.

Also can feel a number 2 pending so that might be adding to the stress-levels…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Age 30, about 50 less if properly resting

treeman
    Free Member

age 18, 51 resting

jamesoz

41 years old and between 45 and 50 but I’m also 100kg and not super fit so don’t read much into the resting rate thing.

oliverracing

age 20, normally about 48-50, but wore a hr strap to bed and recorded over night – it got down to 45 at points!

wrecker
    Free Member

age 37; 60. Haven’t done much training this year but pleased that my BP is spot on, which is what matters.

sherpa87
    Free Member

Just found an app thanks TurnerGuy. Mines 61bpm and im 27 yo. Got 62 when doing it the ‘old’ way so impressed the app gets it through your finger tip on the camera lens. I drink alot of coffee though also

Jamie
    Free Member

Just found an app thanks TurnerGuy. Mines 61bpm and im 27 yo. Got 62 when doing it the ‘old’ way so impressed the app gets it through your finger tip on the camera lens. I drink alot of coffee though also

I have one, Cardiio, that does if off your face as well. I can only assume it’s witchcraft.

rOcKeTdOg

Age 47 rhr 56

timbo678
    Free Member

age 33 and about 43 have had it 38 during my Ironman days

shortcut

43 yrs old and itro 40 to 45 – when at real rest!

ton

64 just now. 54 1st thing on a morning. I am 49.

P20

38yrs. Resting is 47

jonba
    Free Member

Currently 45bpm, sat at my desk not moving much drinking coffee.

How are you measuring your HR? If you are getting funny numbers and doing it through pulse then measure for longer. If you measure for 60 sec you get the actual number but if you measure for 10sec and multiply by 6 you could introduce an error of +/- 6bpm (~10%)

Measure it at various points through the day and over time. Mine goes up when I’m ill or tired.

I think normal is 60-70 but “normal” doesn’t care much about heart rate so you’ll only get the fitter riders replying to you which will skew numbers.

wrecker
    Free Member

41 years old and between 45 and 50 but I’m also 100kg and not super fit so don’t read much into the resting rate thing.

Low resting heart rate does not equals fitness.

ton

Resting heart rate = fitness.

wrong.

heart rate returning to resting rate quickly after exercise = fitness.

bikebouy
    Free Member

RHR 38 at the moment, normally in the 38-42 when at the desk or sofa surfing. Tracked using my Garmin 810 which I use a lot for stuff like this when on/off the bike, you know just to assess fitness.. And as Ton mentioned it’s the rate of decrease from exercise that counts.

I did have a recent stint in Hospital for a couple of days where they kept me in because they thought I was having a heart attack, simple thing was my heart rates low for my age and they kept me in for observation. No matter how many times I told them I was cycling hard and in training it just didn’t sink in…

Better safe than sorry I guess..

dunmail
    Free Member

“normal” HR data has probably been collected from patients presenting at doctors’ surgeries and hospital departments. So the sample is skewed towards those who are either ill or nervous.

I worked with someone whose resting HR was around 100! He was an American though 8) and not very fit.

If you measure your HR each morning then you get an idea of what is “normal” for you. Any sudden and/or significant rises usually indicate one of two things: the onset of illness or overtraining. Some rugby teams use HRMs when training and can spot oncoming illness even before the player knows about it.

wrecker
    Free Member

wrong.

heart rate returning to resting rate quickly after exercise = fitness.
    It was a typo ton, corrected now. I agree completely with your comment.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I am 43 years old, my resting HR is 55. However I have slightly high cholesterol and high blood pressure so according to stats I am a risk.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Training for an ironman last year it was 37bpm at best. Not bad for a 39 year old. No idea what it is now.

BoardinBob

Age 36, RHR 52

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

40bpm and im just shy of 50yrs, it used to be mid 30’s when I was much younger (and fitter)

transporter13
    Free Member

35. Very overweight
    RHR 58

cloudnine
    Free Member

It’s how fast it returns back to resting rate determines how rad you are.
    Me age 39 rhr 60 ish.. Used to be 40ish until I smoked (don’t anymore)

One of my mates is around 100bpm and quite frequently goes over 200 whilst riding.
    He’s very fit too so go figure..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Whats your resting heart rate?’ is closed to new replies.