Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What's your interpreation? Norway booze limits
  • nedrapier

b) 2 litres of beer with more than 2.5 or other beverages with more than 2.5 up to and including 4.75 % alcohol per volume

Does this mean:

1) you can take 2 litres of beer at any %abv above 2.5%, but if your beverage is not beer, you can only bring 2 litres as long as it's 4.75% or below?

Or

2) that this 2 litre allowance is for any beverage between 2.5% and 4.75%

Actually, I think I've just answered my own question. If it was 2), there'd be no point mentioning beer at all, you'd just have "any bev. between x & y" and dispense with the rest of it.

As you were. Unless you think I've got the wrong end of the stick?

nedrapier

Erm…

We're taking the bikes as well as the booze, hence the bike forum?

Please move if you're bothered, mods. Ta, sorry.

mysterymove
    Free Member

Been kayaking there a few times, if your driving, fill up with as much as you can they've never been too bothered about booze, they seam more interested in hunting for dope!

slugwash
    Free Member

I've stashed wine boxes in a rucksack on visits to Norway and never had a problem except in 2001 when Foot 'n Mouth was a problem in the UK and we all got searched. Luckily I'd been prewarned about the possibility and stuck to the official limit that year. Anyway, it's worth the gamble 'cos three UK supermarket wine boxes (9 litres) will cost you about £30 if you shop around, much cheaper than going to the Norwegian Vinmonopolet. If you get caught (as a one of my family has) they'll just take it off you or get you to pay the duty on what you choose to take (Disclaimer: Probably 😉 ). Also, despite what people say, beer ain't that expensive in Norwegian supermarkets. It's brewed to purity laws, restricted to 5 percent and you just have to take into account local byelaws to make sure that you can buy it after 2pm on a Saturday or whatever the locality you're visiting decides. BTW, one visit when I'd run out of wine I tried to buy the cheapest wine the Vinmonopolet had on sale, Bulgarian stuff. The staff tried to talk me out of it saying it was only any good for streetdrinkers. I left the store with some slightly more costly Italian plonk instaed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What's your interpreation? Norway booze limits’ is closed to new replies.