Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • whats your homemade energy drinks and bar/cake recipes
  • firestarter
    Free Member

ive ran out of my energy drinks and wondered how easy it is to make something that works id also like to make some bars or cakes to use instead of energy bars. Whats your mixes

Gary_M
    Free Member

these are really easy to make, take less than 10 minutes excluding cooking time.

225g oats
    50g butter
    200g honey/golden syrup or 100g of each. You can add more for extra ‘moistness’.
    50g sunflower seeds
    50g pumpkin seeds
    50g almonds
    40g hazelnuts
    200g dried fruit
    pinch of salt

Don't get too hung up on what nuts/fruits/seeds you use.

Melt butter and honey/syrup in a pan, mix dry ingredients together, pour on honey mix, stir together, put into baking tray, bake at 150 for around 20 minutes. Cool in tray. Once cool I spread on the optional chocolate topping, leave to cool then cut up. Makes about 18 bars. I usually line the tray with grease proof paper but if you need to grease it or it sticks to the flapjack.

Lidl have got some great ingredients at the moment – I got bags of cranberries and walnuts yesterday, mmm cranberry/walnut/plain chocolate mmm. They also have dried strawberries and loads of other stuff. Just off to the kitchen to make some just now

enjoy.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers chaps i wonder how there compare to actual energy bars. I know my recovery drink is very similar to milkshake and a multivitamin lol any thoughts on energy drink i often drink half coke half fresh orange but only cos i luv it lol i drink it in the pub too 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Energy drink – apple juice 1/3 to 2/3 mix with water – add half a teaspoon or so of salt and a teaspoon or two of table sugar / maltodextrin in a litre.

Roughly isotonic erring on the hypotonic side, contains everything you need. natural and palatable.

sadexpunk

try this bad boy recipe dood. bluddy yummy!!!! got it from WMB ages ago and made a note. had hundreds of em since. probably they said it was a perfect mix of slow and fast releasing energy or something

500g chopped dates
    150g brown sugar
    100g plain flour
    100g porridge oats
    8 tbsp olive oil
    2 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp mixed spice
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    4 large eggs
    350g chopped pecan nuts

Add to bowl in that order, mix well with wooden spoon.

Grease a tin, line with greaseproof paper, pour in mixture and smooth the top.

30 mins at 180 degrees C, leave for 10 mins, turn onto wire rack to cool completely.

Cut into bars.

firestarter
    Free Member

merci all on my days off i shall mostly be baking 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘whats your homemade energy drinks and bar/cake recipes’ is closed to new replies.