Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Whats your favourite freeride/dowhill film?
  • chickenslippers
    Free Member

Hi, after breaking my collar bone at Cannock DH last Sunday I need more films to watch. I have Seasons, Roam and Speed Kings. I also have Follow me and the Collective on order.

I was wondering what other films were recommended and where to purchase them from. The doc has signed me off for 4 weeks but I’m thinking I will get on my turbo trainer before then to try and maintian some level of fitness.

Many thanks , Si

waspfactory191
    Free Member

Tipping Point is good, it covers the 2008 DH World Cup Series.

If you are online, try watching last year’s series of DH races on freecaster – http://uk.freecaster.tv/

Hope that helps.

Lifer
    Free Member

I think the Earthed series are the best, they get so much stuff in there compared to other films.

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 tipping point, and clay porter’s other movies

FG
    Free Member

Hard luck on the collar bone snap.

I’d go with Lifer and recommend the Earthed series although the first one is the best IMO.

xiphon
    Free Member

The NWD series (Freeride Entertainment), and also the Kranked series (Radical Films).

Essential viewing!

( The kind of film which leave you sitting there, jaw on the floor, thinking “Did he just do that??” )

chickenslippers
    Free Member

Cheers, just been looking for those suggested.

Many thanks, Si

Lifer
    Free Member

The best thing about the Earthed series is there aren’t any ridiculous voice overs about ‘The journey without a destination’ a la Roam, The Collective, Life Cycles, etc and very little slow mo/time lapse flowers blowing in the wind.

Don’t get me wrong I like those films but the psuedo philosphical nonsense gets on my tits a bit and I just want to see some ragging!

GW
    Free Member

haven’t watched an MTB DVD for years.. although I did go and see Roam/Seasons/FoFo and a few others on the big screen. there’s far too much quality MTB coverage free to watch onine now.. but for me it would have to be something DH racing orientated along the lines of “The Circus”, “Transcontinental” or “Earthed” but without the MX or riders dicking around in hotels etc. love dirt jump/4X and BMX vids too but wouldn’t want to watch a DVD length one.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Vast – esp. “Red Travellin’ Socks” toward the end, which follows the Glacier Express and finishes around Zermatt. The many DH sequences in the rest of the film are also very good, but that Zermatt sequence is more “me” and the kind riding adventure I can realistically aspire to.

yoda
    Free Member

As said by Gw “The Circus” is a true classic.
    Also track down “Chain smoke” it’s old but worth it just for Shaun Palmer ragging his intense at speed along some desert ridge.
    Also check out the “Sprung” series of dvd’s some really good old school stuff.

yoda
    Free Member
    alexonabike

Vast

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Earthed 5 is a favourite of mine.

jhw
    Free Member

Which is best for epic scenery? e.g. Steve Peat soloing down that peak in BC that he got a helicopter up to

Racing, meh

chickenslippers
    Free Member

More films to look out for, thanks for the suggestions.

I think I’ll need most of them as the doc said keep it imobile for two weeks for the bones to start sticking together.

Thanks again, Si

GW
    Free Member

Which is best for epic scenery?

I find the beachgrove garden box set pretty impressive, their rockery rocks! 😀

if you’re not bothered about the riders’ skill, lines hit etc. why bother buying an mtb video at all?

Bagstard
    Free Member

Super8 is good, great soundtrack!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Whats your favourite freeride/dowhill film?’ is closed to new replies.