Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • What's your favourite drink for a hydration pack
  • neninja
    Free Member

I tend to drop a Zero tab in my drink purely as I find it more palatable than plain water. Also it really did seem to stop me getting cramp.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Robinsons peach n barley!

JoeG
    Free Member

Water, sometimes with ice cubes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jota180
    Free Member

Water, sometimes with ice cubes.

If it’s really hot, I’ll freeze the full bladder overnight for a longer lasting ice cold drink
    It defrosts at a nice steady rate usually

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That flavoured still water from Morrisons, the orange & peach one is tasty so I tend to drink more than I would if it was plain watta.

saxabar
    Free Member

NOS … and sometimes water

fingerbike
    Free Member

Water usually. To all the hot chocolate/vodka/squash/energy drink users, how do you get the bladder and gubbins clean, specifically the bite valve and hose joints.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Oxtail or mushroom soup.

nick1962
    Free Member

http://www.copellafruitjuices.co.uk/our-juices/juices

Just add water and a pinch of salt

hilton83
    Free Member

Ovaltine? Sounds to good to be true, how long does it stay hot/warm/drinkable for?

Sparkling water! I would love to have seen that, my brother (new to mountainbiking) put some of that carbonated rockstar energy drink in, fairly amusing i just left him to it.

I also tried lucozade still when i had nothing else, FAR too sweet it was like drinking treacle, not refreshing at all.

Northwind

Though, obviously you have to drink a bit out first them tip in your quarter bottle of Glens vodka.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

50/50 tap water and fruit juice of choice (usually orange), pinch of LoSalt.

JEngledow
    Free Member

IMO you can’t beat Bovril!

argoose
    Free Member

Council pop

zerocool

Water, although sometimes if i forgot to wash it out last time I’ll add a bit of squash to hid the taste. But water’s all you really need. If you’re going really hard core maybe some kind of carb/electrolyte mix, but most people don’t really need/feel the benefit of them.

I tried a pretty hard and fast road ride this weekend with 2 bottle of lucozade sport, and as said above I could hardly drink it with out being sick – wish I’d added water to it.

Ask Graeme Obree what he drinks if you want an answer without marketing BS.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

At the mo, I’m drinking 50/50 mixture of water & pure fruit juice.

On very long rides I’m going to start experimenting with the above but adding 40g of pure honey, 40g of maple syrup and a pinch of Morton’s Lo Salt. How big a pinch, I’m not sure. I read somewhere of adding about 3-4g in 2-3 litres of liquid.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

water, sometimes water with fresh lemon juice and rock salt or if its a really long ride coconut water is good.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What's your favourite drink for a hydration pack’ is closed to new replies.