Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 227 total)
  • What's your favourite country? And why?
  • binners

I like France. Cos they make really nice wine, and cheese and stuff. And it looks nice. Mostly. And Eric Cantona came from there. What’s not to like?

go….

jam-bo

I like england. Its why I live here.

I’ve been a lot of other places and enjoyed most of them but I’m always happy to be home.

philconsequence
    Free Member

INGERLANDDDD!!!!

2 world wars and 1 world cup! 2 world wars and 1 world cup!

OGGY OGGY OGGY
    OI
    OI
    OI!

(not particularly fond of any country over another, certain countries amaze and amuse me, but i’ve not lived anywhere else to comment properly so i thought i’d pretend like we’re better than other people and stuff)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Apart from where I live?

France I guess. Love the attitude to life, the food, the countryside.

yossarian
    Free Member

I like italy

bonkers, utterly bonkers

but kind, welcoming and friendly, and the food, OMG the food

and the wine, and the dolomites, and the adriatic coast, and the history and the art.

they kind of like the english too, in a kind of fascinated by a wild animal sort of way 😀

EDIT: having said all that I’m english and in love with my land. My feet are like tree roots and I’ll never move away. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wales.Big hills,coastline,quiet,hate the english.

loddrik
    Free Member

Liverpool

falkirk-mark

I would like to live in France if I did not live here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wales isn’t a country.

For me, there’s only one option here – The UK. (Including Wales! 🙂 )

trail_rat
    Free Member

if i had to move somewhere id move to nz – how ever the highlands and islands of scotland takes some beating due to land access rights & shear aggressiveness of scenary

iDave
    Free Member

Slovenia – mountains, sea, great weather, cool capital city, friendly English speaking people, but not as pricey as other nice places.

DezB
    Free Member

France certainly has some very nice mountains. It’s actually a pleasure to drive in France too, unlike here. Is it better though? Dunno.

midlifecrashes

I like USA. Cos they make really nice wine, and cheese and stuff. And it looks nice. Mostly. And Eric Cantona didn’t come from there. What’s not to like?

5thElefant
    Free Member

France. They do exactly what they want and anyone who doesn’t like it gets a shrug.

wors

For me, there’s only one option here – The UK.

+1

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually, having lived there and spent the last few days there, France comes a very close second. If only they made better cheese.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

UK.

ton

or brittany………….. 8)

uplink
    Free Member

Yorkshire [yes it is]

why? – because it isn’t Lancashire

binners

I like the attitude of the french.I’ve got a real admiration for it. Cafe’s that close for lunch. Massive protests about anything and everything. Keeping a straight face as they charge you 10 Euros for a beer. All completely unapologetically. The monumental arrogance is somehow endeering

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Easy: England.

I’ve been to lots of other countries and I like a great many things about them, some I could even move to for a year or three.

But it would break my heart to leave England forever. It’s my home, and I love it, it’s people and it’s countryside kore than anywhere else I’ve ever been. 🙂

TheFlyingOx

Japan, cos it’s like being on another planet. Everyone’s extremely polite, the food can be awesome (the Japs do ramen and sushi very well, Korean and Chinese for everything else), the ladies are delightful to look at, the fashion is crazy, it’s quiet, warm, cheap (away from the beaten track), gorgeous, steeped in history, etc., etc.

I’d move there at the drop of a hat.

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve been to: France, was ok nice and hot (south coast) would like to live in Paris ( is really just big day dream) Mallorca: just holidays same for portugal Greece and turkey v hot. America was cool would like to live there for a bit. But this place will always be home.

headfirst
    Free Member

I like Holland, in fact I regularly find myself wishing I was Dutch. They’re a pretty sorted nation.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

uplink – Member
    Yorkshire [yes it is]

Always thought it was an empire.

Sidney
    Free Member

Finland! They won the 2011 ice hockey world cup and my mum was born there. Spent all my summer holidays there and an extended one in ’98 when i did national service there.

BigJohn

To quote Kinky Friedman:

Germany is my 2nd favourite country.
    My favourite is EVERYWHERE ELSE.

crikey
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGWqtwhS2KY[/video]

uplink
    Free Member

Always thought it was an empire.

People’s Republic these days

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Vulgaria, well it’s got flying cars, castles with a bonkers King & Queen, lots of singing & dancing, etc

Not many kids about though

bananaworld
    Free Member

Thanks Crikey! As soon as Sidney mentioned Finland Michael Palin began crooning away in my head.

Never been there, but for that song it is my favourite country.

derek_starship
    Free Member

+1 for France.

I was going to say North Yorkshire until I saw the r in county!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Sidney thinks doing NATIONAL SERVICE is an extended holiday ❓

Blimey!

GrahamS

“My Tennessee Mountain Home” by Dolly Parton.

Oh wait, I may have misunderstood the question.

ir12daveor
    Free Member

Switzerland, because I live there, and there are SOOOOOOOOOOOO many trails with barely anyone on them. 🙂

It also helps that it’s 25deg outside and I’m going to get to ride some of those awesome trails after work.

ourmaninthenorth

Belgium…

…bare with me on this. I ride road bikes. It has a culture of cycling that cannot be bettered. The first Sunday in APril is like the FA Cup, Wimbledon and the Grand National all thrown into one.

It’s odd. Belgians have a strange sense of humour. There never seems to be many people around. The driving’s appalling. The moules frites are amazing.

And don’t get me started on the beer….

ericemel
    Free Member

UK – specifically London – I love it here!

I love Thailand too – great food, friendly people and chilltastic beaches.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Not including UK
    Then I think Canada..
    It has a french part,
    it has and english part
    it has ocean
    it has bears
    it has mountains
    it has desert
    it has vancouver (best city in the world)
    it has skiing
    it has trails
    it has beer
    it has wine (yes good wine!)
    it has burgers
    and a sense of humour

Mackem

Spain, it’s like getting a few different countries in one. There’s mountains, sea, desert, great food and wine, heat, rain, snow. Crap curries though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Can I make a country up of the best bits?

French food
    Dutch social / transport policy
    Scottish access rights and beer
    Spanish weather
    Italian Architecture
    Bolivian geography
    German industrial policy

I am going to move there as soon as I find it 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘What's your favourite country? And why?’ is closed to new replies.