Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 302 total)
  • What's your favourite conspiracy theory?
  • GrahamS

Yes I can, if they can’t get away with it and it’s not even illegal, what hope do they have with a proper illegal act,

But but but.. they weren’t trying to “get away with it”.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Page 2 and no mention if man has really landed on the moon?!

ahwiles
    Free Member

nah, that’s ancient history, noone cares about that anymore.

cleopatra? – was she a north or sub-saharan african?

no-one cares.

camo16
    Free Member

Page 2 and no mention if man has really landed on the moon?!

Problem is there don’t seem to be enough nutters on this forum (which, given recent digs by the moral majority, is a little disappointing surprising).

EDIT: Wikipedia: between 6% and 28% of the people surveyed believe that the manned moon landings were faked.

I guess none of those guys ride mountain bikes…

khani
    Free Member

But but but.. they weren’t trying to “get away with it”.

There you go then 😆
    Sorry
    Igmc

AdamW
    Free Member

I’m trying to *start* a conspiracy theory about me being fantastic on a mountain bike doing the hard stuff for Matt Hunter and Peaty but it doesn’t seem to get any traction…!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

camo16
    Free Member

@AdamW: I’d start with Photoshop if I were you and commence on some serious face cropping/AdamW face superimposing action.

First rule of conspiracies: get some dodgy pictures together.

This, I feel, is basic stuff.

🙂

EDIT: By the way, I believe you, but THEY don’t.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i heard a silly one the other day about some guy called adam doing all the tricky stuff for steve peat etc, made me chuckle

philconsequence
    Free Member

just read the posts above… it must be true! 😯

donsimon
    Free Member

‘Tis true phil, he’s fantastic. Even the tags say so.

camo16
    Free Member

i heard a silly one the other day about some guy called adam doing all the tricky stuff for steve peat etc, made me chuckle

That’s called ‘AdamW Neat Trick Denial’, Phil.

😀

BigJohn

1. All conspiracy theories are false.
    2. All rumours are true.

Conspiracy theories have to be false because they all would involve hundreds or thousands of people keeping their gobs (and forum/twitter fingers) shut all the time. And that wouldn’t happen.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don and Phil, why are you talking to ourselves?

camo16
    Free Member

OMG, Yetis exist!

** Quite proud at myself for using OMG for the first time. FFS, that’s idiotic IMHO **

allthepies
    Free Member

The only popular conspiracy theory I believe may have some credence is the JFK one*

* well there are probably loads of JFK lizard stories but in general I think that Oswald’s multiple hits at range within a short time period introduces some doubt as to whether he was the lone gunman.

donsimon
    Free Member

Which one of me are you talking to TSY?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The other one.

donsimon
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with him, we’re a t**t!

konabunny
    Free Member

the CIA installing Mobutu in Zaire and Hussein in Iraq

I don’t know about Mobutu but Hussein was not installed by the CIA. Are you, perhaps, confusing that with the overthrow of Mossadegh in Iran by Kermit Roosevelt?

richmtb

I don’t know about Mobutu but Hussein was not installed by the CIA. Are you, perhaps, confusing that with the overthrow of Mossadegh in Iran by Kermit Roosevelt?

No installing the Shah in Iran is a seperate one, the CIA definitely had a hand in Saddam Hussien and the Ba’ath party in Iraq, they were desperate to remove a pro Soviet government and replace it with one they felt was more inline with the west.

yunki
    Free Member

susan sarandon

camo16
    Free Member

Tim Robbins

Checkmate

Retrodirect
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8gfJo0NrE[/video]

Cats have been sent to earth from the planet canopus to stop humans disposing of their waste in drinking water. Yes!

Conspiracy theories from 2.35 onwards

RealMan
    Free Member

Futurama is actually a documentary.

Open your eyes, sheeple.

bigyim
    Free Member

My favourite one is that Paul mcartney died as the Beatles were rising to fame so he was replaced by a man who won a Paul mcartney look a like contest

RealMan
    Free Member

My favourite one is that Paul mcartney died as the Beatles were rising to fame so he was replaced by a man who won a Paul mcartney look a like contest

What is even the point in that one? What consequences would it have?? 😆

bigyim
    Free Member

The Beatles could carry on being famous and no one would miss Paul mcartney. Oooooooooo

bigyim
    Free Member

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead

All the “facts” are here. And if you don’t believe me ask my dad.

nedrapier

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.” – Adolf Hitler

Edit: Found some other interesting ones:

“Why of course the people don’t want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don’t want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” – Hermann Goering

The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, for the vast masses of the nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell a big one.–Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

“The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State.” -Josph Goebbels, Nazi propaganda minister

crazy-legs

I watched one of the 9/11 documentaries the other day, there’s a whole load of stuff on it now cos it’s 10th anniversary.

This one was an overview of some of the conspiracy theories surrounding it – fighter jets were deliberately sent elsewhere, it wasn’t a plane that hit the Pentagon, the one that crashed in the field was shot down, the towers were destroyed via controlled demolition…

I started to shout at the TV after a while. The problem with TV and internet is it gives conspiracy theorists and other cretins a voice they really shouldn’t have.

GrahamS

, the one that crashed in the field was shot down

That one I could believe.

If it was heading to the Whitehouse or Camp David then I could imagine both those complexes might have air defences that the US government would prefer were not revealed.

And obviously if they had shot it down then they’d probably prefer that wasn’t publicised.

So at least there is a possible motive (unlike many other conspiracy theories).

But the official story, that the passengers got wind of what was happening, attempted to gain entry to the cockpit and the hijackers crashed the plane – all seems pretty feasible too and is backed by phone calls to the passenger’s families, flight recorder, crash scene investigation, lack of eyewitnesses seeing jets or missiles etc.

GrahamS

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.”

Cyclists should pay road tax. 😀

Garry_Lager

Quite partial to the Harold Wilson conspiracy theories – he certainly believed them. He thought the British secret service were conspiring against him, and looking to remove him and install some sort of interim martial law.
    Mountbatten was apparently approached to head up this farcical idea of a government. Given it was the height of the cold war and MI6 would have had it’s fair share of loony remnants from imperial Britain, is a hard thing to prove or disprove.
    Heathrow airport was shut for an ‘army exercise’ without Wilson’s consent or even knowledge, which was just the sort of thing to add weight to the conspiracy.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I read somewhereorother that much of Wilson’s (no relation!) wibblings about being eavesdropped etc turned out to be bang on, despite everyone thinking he was going a little loopy about it all at the time.

julianwilson
    Free Member

My favourite niche conspiracy is quite close to home for me (only ‘famous’ person to appear regularly in my nan’s old family photo albums)

Conspiracy goes that: not only was politician and scourge of french organised-crime mafia types Yann Piat the love-child of Jean-Marie Le Pen (as well as being ‘officially’ his god daughter), but that her motorcycle/drive by murder was also ‘comissioned’ by someone high up in the party, if not Le Pen himself.

Northwind

I like anything to do with tamepered-with photos. “ZOMG NASA tampered with moon landing photos, that proooooooves we didn’t go to the moon”. Every picture of every celebrity you ever see has been tampered with, sadly that doesn’t disprove the existance of Jordan.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Oakley have a 100% markup on their sunglasses. Oh, no that one’s true.

RealMan
    Free Member

Oakley have a 1000% markup on their sunglasses. Oh, no that one’s true.

FTFY.

juan
    Free Member

XC riders are good going downhill
    tis is a good one.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 302 total)

The topic ‘What's your favourite conspiracy theory?’ is closed to new replies.