Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • What's your favourite childish playground name to call people then?
  • schnullelieber
    Free Member

We had:

jip – short for gyppo or gypsy
    phleg – same as a spod
    Joey – Joey Deacon lived down the road from my school. His mate Ernie came to our prize giving day after Joey died. 🙁

I remember chinny reckon – also had a variation chinny rub.

And Horace – named after a Joey Deacon style TV character.

Moron was common at primary school – i think it was big in Grange Hill at the time.

Cougar

My favourite’s at the moment: F*ck Stick

Courtesy of Rude Kid from Viz, I suspect.

Dill – truncation of sex toy?

Contraction of Dillan / Dylan – the dopey rabbit off The Magic Roundabout? (it’s where I got it from, at any rate)

same as a spod

That’s the second time someone’s mentioned ‘spod’. It’s something that’s endemic on Mono and almost unheard of (by me at least) outside it. I’d be curious to hear where you’ve got it from and what you think it means?

schnullelieber
    Free Member

That’s the second time someone’s mentioned ‘spod’. It’s something that’s endemic on Mono and almost unheard of (by me at least) outside it. I’d be curious to hear where you’ve got it from and what you think it means?

I’ve no idea where it comes from or but I can tell that in my school in the early/mid 80s we used it to describe someone who was bookish, swotty, etc like a nerd or geek I suppose. I don’t know or care whether this is its ‘correct’ meaning.

Cougar

I don’t think any of these words have a “correct” meaning, TBH.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Apologies Cougar, my reply might have sounded a bit defensive – i think i misread the tone of your question a bit.

PTR
    Free Member

This brings the memories back…
    “yer spawny eyed wazzock!”
    that dosn’t seem to be heard very much anymore.

twotonpredator

i am a little hazy over what was on rotation when i was back at school but i can confirm that all of the below get used on a near daily basis

spaz (a personal fave)
    rentboy
    mong
    bell end
    ball bag
    shit house
    😀

G
    Free Member

Spavin : Which apparently is a growth on a horses fetlock but at my school was applied to thin kids as a term of abuse.

But my favourite when applied with vigour was then and still is: Snot Gobbling Pussball

Cougar

i think i misread the tone of your question a bit.

Yeah. Reading back, I can see how. I didn’t mean it like that.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Glad to see that mong, retard, and spaz are making a comeback amongst 12-17 yr olds 🙂

A lat i used to teach was nicknamed “tunt” his reason was because he was a t**t and a c**T

brakes
    Free Member

we used to call people ‘skill’
    as apparently ‘skill’ was a form of chinese bum disease! 😀

marco
    Free Member

Binners

Thankyou so much for starting this thread.

Its ignorant pr_cks like you that help my 10yr old son, who has cerebal palsy & spastic diplegia (hence the lovely name “spaz”) to look forward to living an insult free life.

Please think before using those terms again as it only takes kids to hear a comment once and think it is ok to use it everyday.

Brings a whole new meaning to inclusion & exclusion eh?

brakes
    Free Member

when the term ‘spaz’ got disallowed at our school and the ‘Spastic Society’ changed their name to ‘Scope’ the spazzes became scopers…

Cougar

With all due respect,

We’re discussing what we did as naiive kids, over twenty years ago. I’m sorry about your situation, but it’s not fair to judge us on what we thought was funny / acceptable when we were twelve.

Hohum
    Free Member

Phlid
    Joey (D)
    Mong
    Spazz
    Reemeed
    Mongoid

None of them are politically correct, but children are like that and will always be like that. The worrying thing would be an adult who used any of these names in everyday conversation…

marco
    Free Member

Cougar
    With all due respect also
    I was commenting on the OP’s use of the word now.
    What worries me is if they are still using the names today as Ho Hum said
    And no need to be sorry for my “situation”. My son is healthy, happy and emotionally fine.
    Seems to me some of you are still naive kids

binners

marco – I don’t think i need to expand on what cougar said. Just having a trip down memory lane to less PC times. Believe me: its a good while since I was at school. Anyway, most people seem to be finding amusing. And taking it in the spirit with which it was intended. Does that make us monsters?

I would say in my defense that, even then, I wouldn’t have used it towards anyone genuinely disabled. Just my able bodied mates, who would respond with far worse. All good natured enough though.

You somehow, with your tone, seem to think your the only one with disabilities in the family. Guess what? You’re not. Simply the only one having a sense of humour failure about it.

Seems its ok for you to refer to me as an ignorant pr_ck though eh? Hey ho

McHamish
    Free Member

Kids are ignorant…they’ll throw insults about without knowing the implications. I know I was ignorant as to what ‘cerebal palsy & spastic diplegia’ was when I was in primary school.

Eventually we all (mostly) grow up and realise that it’s not very nice to use these terms as insults.

In fact from about 15 through to 18 I used to go and help out at a community centre for disabled (physically and mentally) kids and young adults. Perhaps that was when I stopped being an ignorant pr_ck.

staralfur
    Free Member

Bullroot… which is oddly almost a term of affection between men at times as well as an insult!

RealMan
    Free Member

Downer. Or “what kind of downs are you”. Or, “you’re a proper syndrome”.

Also dickhead, muppet, bellend, etc.

McHamish
    Free Member

Of course the ultimate insult in my opinion is ‘some kind of c**t’…

As in “he’s got to be some kind of…”

Or, “you’re some kind of …”

It means it’s a type we haven’t encountered before, a completely new breed. A bit like discovering a new species.

And on that note…I think this thread is soon to be closed and we’re all going to be banned.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Before my wife and I were married, one of her friends left me speechless when I first met her. I tripped coming back from the bar and managed to empty part of an order of drinks over myself just as I was arriving at our table – cue much merciless hilarity, in the midst of which Fiona, who has limited mobility on one side due to Cerebral Palsy, turned to my wife and suggested that her new boyfriend was “a bit of a spazzer“.

On the childhood insults front, I went to a private all boys school, so the two biggest insults were “poor” and ‘poof” – happy days!

Cougar

I was commenting on the OP’s use of the word now.

Fair do’s.

Seems to me some of you are still naive kids

Seems to me that some are quick to judge. I can’t speak for anyone else, but you don’t know the first thing about me.

McHamish
    Free Member

Seems to me that some are quick to judge. I can’t speak for anyone else, but you don’t know the first thing about me.

Nope, I don’t know anything about you either.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Still use em all:

pleb, spaz, cockhole, gimp, knobber, ‘tard, could go on but then i’d be childish

smiffy

dinlo, flid, spac, nobjockey spring to mind.

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘What's your favourite childish playground name to call people then?’ is closed to new replies.