Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • What's your favourite chain lube and fork spray?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Been using Fenwicks spray cans but fancy a change, so come on let’s build a consensus…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Concensus? Behave…

Rock n Roll for the chain – copes with year round West of Scotland conditions, and I don’t have to degrease, ever.

Fork juice – Seems expensive, lasts ages, works well, smells awesome.

tjagain

putoline boil in the tin chainwax – nothing else comes close especially at £ per chain lube
    Lidl silicone oil spray

Tracey

White Lightning dry chain lube.
    WD40 silicone spray

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Squirt dry lube.

Bolt

Rock n Roll extreame (blue one) most of the year.
    Squirt wax in summer (if we get one).

Juice lube on the forks.

Bolt

weeksy

Gt85 for chain

Juicy lube forks/shock

fifeandy
    Free Member

White lightning epic ride on the chain.
    Doesn’t last as long as i’d like, but runs nice and clean.

Never lubed fork/shock 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

White lightning epic ride on the chain.
    Doesn’t last as long as i’d like, but runs nice and clean.

Never lubed fork/shock

Same as Andy, but without the eyeroll.

Klunk
    Free Member

Rock n Roll Extreme for chain
    fox float fluid occasionally drizzled on the forks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rock and Roll Extreme Blue and Juicy Lubes fork spray as it smells great

colournoise

Possibly a heretic, but Scottoiler 365 for the chain and WD40 silicon spray for forks (and shock and reverb).

nuke

Squirt on the chain & Fork Juice on the forks

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Scottoiler 365

Decent stuff too, my standby if I run out of RnR.

johnnystorm

Squirt. I think the theoretical lack of staying power is countered by the lack of black grinding paste build up. Big bottle for 20 quid seems to be lasting forever.

Gary_M
    Free Member

As per Nobeerinthefridge. I use three different rock n roll lubes depending on which bike, best road bike rock n roll red, commuter get gold, winter commutes I use extreme. MTB gets one of the above. cx bike usually gold.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Putoline chain wax in the winter, squirt in the summer

Finish line stanchion lube for the fork shock and dropper stanchion.

iainc

Rock n roll blue on MTB most of the time, move over to Squirt usually around now, till September.

Fork Juice on suspension.

Good road bike, Pedros Ice Wax

Winter road, adventure and boys bikes – Progold Prolink

cloudnine
    Free Member

Rock n roll gold or blue
    Juicy lube Forky stuff

Andy-R

Rock n Roll blue on chain
    Molykote 33 on fork stanchions

Andy-R

Rock n Roll blue on chain
    Molykote 33 on fork stanchions

Gary_M
    Free Member

Where are people buying RnR lubes from now, eBay used to be the best source at a reasonable price, best price I can find now is on the cycle clinic

sparkyrhino

Cycle clinic for me 16oz of blue goodness

iainc

Just ordered some more yesterday from cycle clinic Gary. I used to swear by Progold Prolink, tried RnR on nobeer’s suggestion and it is, way better

flaps
    Free Member

What’s the thought on silicone sprays? A mate gave me a can. Is it safe for chain, fork, shock and pivots? Bike’s a 3 month old FS.

tillydog
    Free Member

Silicone is good for sliding seals on fork/shock/seatpost , but no use for chain or pivots (other than to keep water out). It’s crap for brakes, so be careful where the spray goes.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Squirt drylube on the chain and fork juice on the reverb/shock/fork.

Just don’t get any fork juice anywhere remotely near a wooden floor 😳

juanghia
    Free Member

Juice Lubes – Wet or Dry Lube.

Being mostly Rigid SS does have some benefits.

Fork juice is JL69 with a Blueberry scent 🙂

milky1980
    Free Member

I’ve just spent a lot of money working through a load of different lubes after Rock N’ Roll Extreme disappeared for a while! I know it’s a personal preference and terrain/weather dependant thing with chain lube but here’s my little list I’ve worked through:

Muc Off Wet: great for short rides and if you use it sparingly. Any longer than 15 or so miles and it either disappears in the wet or gums up everything if it’s even remotely dry. Awful in reasonably dry conditions, just acts like velcro for every bit of dirt going!

Fenwicks Stealth Extreme: Very good in pretty much all conditions. Did over 80 miles on it in mixed conditions (L-B offroad) without having to top-up. Doesn’t get gooey unless you load on too much. Sadly no longer made 🙁

Morgan Blue Syn Lube: Nearly as good as the Fenwicks Stealth but does goo up easier in dry conditions. Great in the wet and on the commuter bike when used sparingly.

Juice Lubes Wet: Sticky, horrible and doesn’t last in the wet!

Pedro’s Ice Wax: great in the dry, useless in anything remotely wet ie not suitable for Wales.

Muc Off Team Sky Hydrodynamic: works well in most conditions but doesn’t last long when it’s really gritty. Mahoosively expensive!!

Rock N’ Roll Extreme: Lasts forever. Runs silent for the first 20 miles or so then you start to hear the rollers rattling a bit. It then carries on working for ever, seemingly! Only managed to get the chain squeaking once after two sopping wet rides in a row and I forgot to reapply it. Keeps the chain near spotless. Happily it’s now available again from Ribble 😀

All of that is from mainly riding a mix of trail centres and natural all over Wales and FOD etc.

Forks, shock and dropper get Juice Lubes spray every time. Best out there by a mile and lasts aeons.

rickmeister

Whatever is the cheapest silicon spray for both

hambl90
    Free Member

Muc off dry for the chain and juice lube for forks and dropper.

whatgoesup

Just got some Fenwicks Professional – I ordered Stealth (from wiggle) but professional is what turned up. Bottle and colour look the same – is it stealth rebranded ?

Northwind

Chain lube- putoline, nothing else gets within miles.
    And halfords silicon spray for forks, works fine. I’ve had brunox and fork juice and I don’t think they do anything differently.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Generally Muc Off C3 for the vast majority of riding although I’ve just got some on that Green lubes dry wax and it works well too.

My forks are USD type so spraying them is pointless unless I leave the bike the wrong way up.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Squirt.

beaker

Muc off dry lube for the chain and Juice stuff on the forks.

mark90
    Free Member

Currently, as a comparison….
    Rock n Roll extreme on the HT (used for bimbles and wet shitty rides)
    Squirt on the good FS

Can’t decide which I prefer.

Juice lube on the forks, shock and dropper.

Cheap 3in1 silicone spray on the downtube and under the BB to stop so much mud sticking.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I’ve been using Finishline Wet for the last 20 years… perhaps it is time to try something else 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I can only assume that the folks who use squirt are the type if people who ride around puddles and are thus to be avoided……

Northwind

I dunno, I did a few wet rides with squirt and it was fine. But then I did a local ride where it was the wrong sort of mud or something and it just exploded the drivetrain. I never did figure it out

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What's your favourite chain lube and fork spray?’ is closed to new replies.