• This topic has 38 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by matts.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • What's your favorite multitool???
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

I’ve had quite a few in the years gone by, and by far my favorite has been the Topeak Hexus II 16 Function Multi Tool.

The thing that angers me about most of the modern multitools is that they offer lower weight/smaller size at the expense of shorter tools. This really limits their usability in my opinion.

njee20
    Free Member

Agree, the Hexus 11 is excellent.

winston
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Is this going to be another Hexus 2 love in?

Anyway. Hexus 2.

binarysolo
    Free Member

Hexus 2 definitely.

Mine got nicked and I replaced it with a park tool one that is utter pants.

Slogo
    Free Member

Leatherman charge Ti i carry it everyday had it 5 years.

in the bike bag I have a top peak 18 or something (similar to the one Winston has posted). Its got everything i need. carry a 3 way allen key and chain tool. and the leatherman.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The one that’s always with me, because any tool is useless if you haven’t got it with you. So for that reason, a Specialized EMT Bottle Cage mounted one, along with a headset top cap mounted chain tool.

chvck
    Free Member

It was my hexus 2 but no more! It’s now my Ratchet Rocket (so still topeak), brilliant it is.

coolbeanz
    Free Member

Ha, I didn’t realise the Hexus 2 had such a reputation!

mintimperial

The Hexus 2 is good but I prefer the Pro 20, smashing, tidy little thing.

It’s small yeah, but I’ve removed and fitted GXP cranks with it, they need loads of torque…

Northwind

Hexus 2 here as well, close to perfect. OK, the tyre levers kind of suck but that’s OK because most multitools wouldn’t have any. Or would have one, even worse one.

(ratchet rocket looks good too but I’d lose all the bits instantly)

stevied
    Free Member

Well, someone had to 🙄

kudos100
    Free Member

If the Hexus 2 had strong tyre levers that didn’t break, it would be pretty much perfect.

Still, I haven’t found anything better.

epicyclo

Hammer.

rob2
    Free Member

Top peak mini 18.

Excellent bit of kit.

Also have a top peak alien which I want to like but I just find the design a bit guff

scaled
    Free Member

I saw the thread title and actually got excited that i’d be able to tell everyone about my amazing multitool.

Seems I’m a bit late to the love in

tthew

Topeak alien. Only one I’ve ever owned, my Mrs bought it for me years ago and it’s still going strong. Seems like that’s the make to go for even if different models are preferred.

nickdavies

Time to be different…

Superstar multi tool. Better than anything else i’ve tried (i’ve not tried the hexus 2….)

Chain tool alone beats any standalone tool i’ve had.

therevokid
    Free Member

oh well better admit my involvement in the love in … another hexus 2
    fanboy 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

On the bike, well, like scaled, I’m a bit late to the love in, it really is good isn’t it?
    Off the bike though, the Leatherman juice C2 I got for a birthday years ago is bloody brilliant! Has done pretty much everything I have ever needed. It’s so good that I no longer care for it, it just gets abused for any ridiculous task I want it for because if it ever dies I am having a new one.

wiggles
    Free Member

Hexus 2…

I take any opportunity to tell people how good they are (comes in handy that I sell them)

cokie

I love my Lezyne V10. Looks lovely, good weight and has lasted well.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Crank Bros Multi here, had a Topeak something or other but the chaintool broke so didn’t invest in another.

warpcow
    Free Member

Crank Bros m17 for me. Had other brands, including Lezyne, Pro, Park and Minoura, but the CB is the only one I’m 100% happy with (and have been for years).

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Topeak alien. Only one I’ve ever owned,

My only multitool also, always fixed what needed fixing, never failed, still carry it but TBH I’m so fricking awesome at maintaining my bikes I very rarely need trailside tools. 8)

trambler

Topeak Alien, had it a good few years and still does what I need, I have lost a couple of the detachable bits though.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Topeak mini 18+ find it does everything well, what more can you ask for!

climbingkev
    Free Member

Lezyne V10 or something on MTB. And the Pedro’s one built into a QR skewer on the road…. It’s genius and works!

rene59
    Free Member

Hexus 2 here also. So good I am surprised anyone even bothers making other types of multitools.

Yak

A crank bros something or other. Had it years. Use it occasionally and its fine. Had a Topeak something or other for years before the crank bros one and that was fine too. Nothing to get excited about in either tbh.

z1ppy

Crank Bros m17 for me, only multitool I’ve ever bought and 10 year later still going strong, so no reason to change.

scottalej
    Free Member
    Milkie
    Free Member

Impressed with Crank Brothers kit, I used the M19 and lost it and now have the Pica+, both great.

alanf
    Free Member

Alien and Alien II.

Lost the original Alien, so got an Alien II only to find the Alien again.
    Both have been great for years so I’ve no need to invest in a new one.
    Hexus II looks good if I’m ever in the market though.

mogrim

Corkscrew and bottle opener, all needs covered.

stompweaver

Hexus 2 – Over ten years old and still going strong. I have tried other multi tools but always go back to my trusty Hexus 😀

unovolo
    Free Member

Birzman e15 or something or other, seems well built and finished plus the Allen keys fir properly.

kiwijohn

Crank bros 17. On my second one in 10 years after losing my first one. Best thing they make.

matts
    Free Member

Can’t think of a better set of tools out on bikes

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘What's your favorite multitool???’ is closed to new replies.