Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • What's your driving style?
  • tron
    Free Member

I 100% agree with the OP – my driving style is consistently cautious in town and trying to get a move on out of town, but other drivers do pigeonhole you by what car you’re in and behave differently.

There are a couple of cars that stick in my mind for this – a burgundy Citroen ZX and Mk2 Golf GTIs. The ZX was basically the kind of car that tends to be bought by people who aren’t that interested in driving – you got constant tailgating etc. They are basically Peugeot 306s and can get a move on down a twisty road.

The other is MK2 Golf GTIs. If you get a MK2 Golf GTI within 100 yards of a middle aged man some switch in the back of his brain gets flipped and he WILL try and race you. Regardless of the fact that he’s driving a VW people carrier and was previously quite happy doing 56mph in lane 1 of the motorway, he will suddenly chase you down and sit 5 foot off your rear bumper…

As for people driving like complete gibbons, the best you can do is try and give them room and get around them. Even the little old dears driving a Jazz down the M1 at 60mph who decide they can pull out to overtake that truck without using any of their mirrors… 😈

hora
    Free Member

Bregante nah…I bet its really like one of those mtb pics ‘how I see myself/how others see me’. I bet its vice versa really and you are driving miss Daisy at work… 😉

PeteG55
    Free Member

Skoda Rapid – I am the stig 😉
    In reality, within my abilities, dependant on mood and conditions and looking as far ahead as possible.

benji
    Free Member

IAM member, and drive a Renault Kangoo van, in white, so guess that makes me a very odd white van man.

hora
    Free Member

IAM member. Lookout the professionals are here 😀 3rd revving away in a 30 limit here we come chaps

godzilla
    Free Member

I drive a mk1 Brelingo diesel, zero turbo 69bhp, i drive like an old man.
    also
    I drive a mk3 Clio 200 cup pack, i drive like a b311end.
    also
    I drive a New Peugeot partner at work, i drive as my boss would like.
    Sadly the Clio’s only done 2.5k this year.

Rorschach
    Free Member

kayla1
    Free Member

We’ve got a 2004 Doblo 1.9 JTD and we drive like old people, ie slowly, except with more observation/spacial awareness and less smelling of wee and Werthers.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

hora
    Free Member

Was it Sterling Moss or Jackie Stewart? who said never question a mans lovemaking or driving ability?

maxtorque

doris5000

Me
    I’m sorry, but anyone who uses the, entirely arbitrary, speed limit as anything more than a guide as to an appropriate speed is an idiot too………

I’ll give you £5 if you say that in court [/quote]

Some what surprisingly, i have actually said pretty much exactly that in court! When i worked at Prodrive doing advanced driver training, i was called as an “expert” witness by Warwickshire Police where there had been an incident between an traffic car and a member of the public.

Funny old world ain’t it! 😉

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

…never question a mans lovemaking or driving ability?

slowoldman

Steady but not pootling. Passat estate.

DezB
    Free Member

Mister P – Member
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Wrong.
    This was one of the oh so clever things the instructor said on the What’s Driving Us course. Ooh, I bet no-one rates themselves under a 6. Sorry mate, I do. I’d rate myself a 4, cos I hate driving and get wound up by other people too quickly. He quickly skipped over that as it ruined the (one of countless) crappy point he was making.

However, shagging is something I very much enjoy 😆

garage-dweller

Safety and courtesy first followed by mechanical sympathy
    More anticipation than reactions (really hate heavy stop start traffic)
    Grumpiness at encountered silliness confined to inside own vehicle
    No mobile phone chatting, texting, drinking, smoking or eating cereal

Old and obsessively maintained Mondeo estate… My I am dull.

thegreatape
    Free Member

What’s your driving style?

I have a white Toyota MPV, so I guess none is the answer.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘What's your driving style?’ is closed to new replies.