Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What's your default/favourite white peak winter ride?
  • davros

Despite being from Buxton and living in Sheffield, I tend to default to riding mostly around Hope/Castleton/Ladybower area, especially in winter, aiming for the rockier (or at least less boggy) routes.

I always assumed the white peak routes are less suitable for the wetter months, but I guess there must be some that hold up better.

So, what are your go to winter/spring white peak rides?

Esme
    Free Member

White Peak Winter Ride is designed for this very purpose.
    (I’ve not ridden it yet though)

Stainypants

On the other side of the White Peak, Macc Forest-Cat and Fiddle-Cumberland Brook is fairly weatherproof.

theboatman
    Free Member

I pretty much mirror the ride Esme has highlighted as it’s on my doorstep, fair bit of road climbing, but some fun bits. It’s not exactly gnar, but ticks the winter ride box. I wouldn’t travel miles to it, but would pop down from Sheffield, you aren’t exactly far.

davros

Thanks all, i will certainly give the eyam route a go, I’ve ridden parts of it before.

I’ve done the macc forest wildboarclough route once and remember some good sections. I will have to revisit this year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What's your default/favourite white peak winter ride?’ is closed to new replies.