Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Whats your biggest bike bargain on ebay??
  • spacman78
    Free Member

After getting an ex display genesis core 26.5 for £520 on eBay which I consider to be a proper bargain, I wanted to hear about other peoples bike bargains?? So fire away!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Not a whole bike but got a mint dura ace chain set for 35 quid.

tomhoward

I didn’t get it as I was properly skint at the time but I saw a zipp carbon rear road hub (advertised as a hope!) go for a fiver…

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Not on ebay but a few years back I picked up a pair of good-as-new Northwave Lizzard SPD shoes at a boot fair for 3 quid. Still wear them for commuting now.

tang
    Free Member

I got a minty 105 chainset for 12quid! Handy for my budget commuter.

armo
    Free Member

Cannondale prophet mint with lefty £300 on Christmas day! Who puts their listing to finish on Christmas day ? Wife wasn’t happy me bidding in the middle of the kids opening their presents.

meehaja
    Free Member

dura ace rear mech, £9. Also got a new car seat for little’un for £3.20

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Got an mint cond. electric massage couch for MrsBS’s new sports massage business for £88, she was just about to order one for a grand.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ridden three times, more than half price.

It was a Disney Princess bike in pink – picked up on Wednesday and needs hiding till Christmas.

🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

Too many to mention but I built up a titanium hardtail with fox 120 forks, DT Swiss 240 stans wheels and full Xtr for well under £1,700 (£800 was frame) entire bike was from eBay or here, ‘insurance value’ £4,500 been going strong, for 3 years only replacement parts being a chain, cassette, middle and inner chainrings, again all off eBay for about 30% shop prices

BenjiM

Brand new SLX Double front Mech for a fiver.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Bought my brand new charge blender for £590 from rutland cycling on ebay

oliverd1981
    Free Member

180mm Post mount adapter – Brand new from shop – 5p – posted.

bookwyse
    Free Member

2011 felt curbside, never been used outside, only on he turbo trainer for £155.00

Or best non bike bargain was a Mndeo St24 estate or £150 that was stripped and made £1300 in parts…

carlosg
    Free Member

A Trek MT220 frame/fork/crank/wheels/tyres for my lad to grow into .99p , found while just checking to see what was finishing.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Mate got a really well built prophet for £510. It has some great kit on it including brand new Rubber Queens that would have been £80 on their own.

I got a whole road bike the other week for £20. Ok its 25 years old but it all works and will do me for getting my fitness back.

chillidave
    Free Member

Fox 32 Talas forks for £25, stantions were a bit worn but after a service they were perfectly fine functionally, at least till some sod stole them off my bike.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lake winter boots had a small tear on the inner neoprene liner – and I mean tiny
    £40 compared to well over £100 – thy wer eadvertised as motorbike boots hence the price and no one else bid

Still in use after 4-5 years and still waterproof and been faultless.

So good I would even pay the new price if they ever die

andrewh
    Free Member

Brand new Saracen Killi frame. 2004 model bought new old stock in 2006. The magnesium one, 2.9Lbs (lighter than a Trek 9.9 Carbon was at the time!) £40.
    Best one I saw was one someone pointed out to me (may have been on here?)
    Listing for ‘3 Mountain bikes’ Picture was a full-suss BSO at the front, a dropped top-tube girls BSO behind it and then a green hardtail at the back, could just about see it. All three went for about £25. The only question asked was ‘could you send me some photos of the green one please?’
    It was a Klien Pulse!

matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab bought a second hand Patagonia fleece for riding in, wore it for two years, just sold it for 2x what we paid. 8)

tang
    Free Member

Charity shops have been better for me
    New arcteryx gamma soft shell £5
    Mint Patagonia pro jacket £8
    Mint Mountain hardwear waterproof down coat £8
    All in my size!

bland

I snaffled some Sidi Goretex winter boots in the height of last summer for £42 posted. He apologised that he didnt have time to remove the cleats and said he had used them for two winters commute, hardly a mark on them till the first ride out by me.

RRP is something like £250 plus the shimano cleats which were as new!

winston_dog
    Free Member

I got a 2008 Specialized Roubaix Comp, with a turbo trainer, Look pedals, cages and saddle pack for £620.
    The bike had been ridden on road once, it still had the clear sticker on the rear mech and the original grease on the chain, absolutely mint.
    Selling the other bits on ebay got the actual price of the bike down to less than £500.

seadog101

Not a super bargain but a pair for Mavic Crossride for £80. Mint condition, only used for turbo trainer duty (W???).

FSA carbon seat post for £5!

Have taken to using Goofbid.com to put in sniper bids, as at work the bandwidth is too slow. Works great.

parkesie
    Free Member

Brand new wanga frame for £70 was meant to be a emergency stand in while my decade was away for warranty. Needles to say decade still in its box nearly a year later 🙂

enveetee
    Free Member

Will the bloke who bought my nearly-new Spesh Epic for 180.00 please not post on this thread

Some days, it takes all my skills to keep up with the loosers.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Not bike related but I bought a bit of vintage recording studio kit for 50quid on eBay. Never even plugged it in and sold it three years later for 98 quid iirc.

will
    Free Member

bookwyse – Member
    2011 felt curbside, never been used outside, only on he turbo trainer for £155.00

Dam you. I just missed out on this, great price!

onandon
    Free Member

Litespeed titanium obed frame £125 posted
    New Thompson seatpost £1.75
    Kestrel carbon time trial bike with full dura ace group set and a pair of zipp 404s £605
    New Sram xx rear mech £35
    2.5ks worth of curtis jump bike for £300
    New Garmin 500 £55

The list is massive,these at just a few I can think of.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I got a azonic ds1 mk1 ex showroom never bin built, in 16″ for 55posted which also had a rf isis bb brand new installed, and some rs domain s that were “unknown” to the seller due to no stickers for £80 posted

monkeyboyjc

various new branded shorts – less than £5 each
    various new branded tops – less than £5 each
    Truvative noir chainset – free (after re-selling the knakered rings)
    Rock Shock Reba WC – free (after re-selling the frame they came on)
    new Ritchey Superlogic bars – £25 (rrp of £130)
    new Sram XO chainset – £90
    new Selle Italia SL – £20

atlaz
    Free Member

My biggest bargain was a road bike on here. 350 quid for a Fuji Roubaix (alloy frame, carbon stays), 105 and ultegra mix, look Keo classic pedals.

Also had a set of wheels inc tyres off a Pitch Pro for 50 quid.

davosaurusrex

Had a few but pretty pleased with this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corratec-29er-2-Twentyniner-Two-Town-Bike-Dutch-Style-Nearly-New-/150922054529?item=150922054529&ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:GB:3160&nma=true&si=fi%2BIDgiDYNHbm1QkxWDEl2zvKM0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

what I did do gone won this afternoon. Birthday pressie for the missus (she’s German and has wanted a Euro stylee trekking bike for a while). From £850 originally £262 seems like a bargain to me!

beefheart
    Free Member

Not a bargain for me, but I sold my SC Chameleon frame on ebay with no reserve for £50. 🙁

andrewh
    Free Member

Pair of Ultegra hubs on Vuelta rims, paid £40, sold the fron skewer back on fleabay for £7 so a pair of Ultegra wheels cost me £33!

joao3v16
    Free Member

Won a Thomson Elite seatpost on eBay for £25.
    Seemed quite a bargain at the time.

Auctioned it on eBay a few months later – went for £35.

8)

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Whats your biggest bike bargain on ebay??’ is closed to new replies.