Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Whats your best "do anything" road bike?
  • tang
    Free Member

Kinesis pro6 here. Bought for cross but a broken road frame has pressed it into Tarmac duties. Not bad as it happens.

kennyp
    Free Member

If I was ever reduced to having just one bike I’d stick with my Tricross. Of course I’d need to fit studded tyres because Hell would have frozen over.

Jamie
    Free Member

Of course I’d need to fit studded tyres because Hell would have frozen over.

You live in Hell?

….or is that a typo, and you meant Hull?

kennyp
    Free Member

Reminds me of the joke……

I accidentally typed Hell instead of Hull into my satnav. Sill got there though.

bol

I’ve got a Kinesis Pro6 for these purposes. Fits the bill better than anything else I’ve tried. It’s reasonably light, reasonably quick steering, takes guards easily, disk only, is tough and looks nice. If recommend a forgiving seatpost though.

Works well as a winter road bike/commuter and excellent off road, but not in the same league for speed or handling as my Tarmac.

globalti
    Free Member

Tricross disc here – it can out-climb the heavy FS mob on a mountain bike ride though it’s pretty useless on rocky DHs, it makes an excellent tourer loaded up with panniers and rack and in wet or snowy conditions it’s superbly stable and reliable and it just keeps on going no matter how much I neglect it. It’s too heavy to race though – more a cross-purpose hybrid than a CX bike.

sputnik
    Free Member

Your search won’t be over until you’ve tried a Kona Jake the Snake!

russyh
    Free Member

Boardman cx, bit heavy for cx but otherwise a great around bike

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Whats your best "do anything" road bike?’ is closed to new replies.