Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 190 total)
  • whats your AM/Enduro bike weight?
  • jamj1974

not an odd combination of lbs and decimals}.

. Well I converted mine from metric…

dirtydog
    Free Member

Orange Five 2011
    Hope/Arch Ex, 2.5 Minion Exo, Reverb, XT 24/36 double and bash, Gamut P30, 2010 Fox 36, Rp23, Hope V2s 203/180, Haven bar and stem, HT mag pedals…14.1 kg 31lb.

Jeffus
    Free Member

My Orange 5 was 33.8lb 36’s , Vanr shock with Ti spring, XTR drive train , Hope Tech 4’s, and Hope Hoops Flows, 2.25 Maxxis advantage tubless, Reverb.

chickenman

I weighed my Liteville on the bathroom scales with me holding it and then subtracted the weight of Chickenman without the bike; got to be pretty accurate, no?

skinnyboy
    Free Member

haha just done the same, me – the bike = 13.8kgs – 30lbs. Could drop a few kgs with lighter rims, forks and the cranks weigh a ton, but she’s surprisingly nimble and you don’t even notice that weight.

Spec : 2008 Giant Trance

Fork: RockShox Sektor TK 140mm
    Rear shock: RockShox Monarch RL

Handlebars: Renthal Fatbar
    Stem: Renthal Duo 50mm
    Headset: Nukeproof Warhead
    Grips: Renthal Kevlar
    Rear shifter: SRAM X0

Front brake: Avid Elixir CR, 185 rotor
    Rear brake: Avid Elixir CR, 160 rotor

Saddle: Fizik Arione Kium
    Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 400/125
    Post collar: Nukeproof

Cranks: Truvativ Hussefelt 170mm
    Chainring: Raceface N/W 32t
    BB: Truvative Howitzer 51mm chainline
    Pedals: Shimano XT Trail

Rear derailleur: SRAM X9 Type 2
    Cassette: SRAM PG1030 11-40 10 Speed with OneUp Range Extender + 16t sprocket
    Chain: KMC 10SL Gold

Front hub: Nukeproof
    Rear hub: Nukeproof
    Front rim: Sunringle Nukeproof
    Rear rim: Sunringle Nukeproof

Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 P

Other:

Cables: Jagwire Ripcord braided, with KREX anodised guides
    Hoses: Jagwire Hyflow Titanium braided with gold fitting kit

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Specialized Enduro 2014 expert Carbon 29er. As stock was 28.6 lbs on the park tool scales at work. Just put a fatbar carbon on and converting to tubeless today so should be even lighter.

Northwind

Freshly alped- coil lyriks, metal wheels, UST highrollers, lockon grips because the ESIs are a bit too easy to destroy, added a chain device which it probably doesn’t need but would be a pain in the arse to find out it does. Oh and swapped my steel axled nanos on because why not. 31.75lbs on the +7 Scales Of Possible Optimism. Wish I still had my Van RC for it but the RP23’ll do.

Though it dawns on me that I weighed a package with them a while back and it came up pretty much identical on the post office scales, so they can’t be far off.

tmb467
    Free Member

Five spot, flow ex on dt240s, mavic dual ply tyres, revs, dropper and 1×10 with steel nanos

Circa 31lbs on my luggage scales – so could be 30-32lbs. Or less. Or more (but not by much)

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member
    I want to borrow some scales off this forum, cheapest upgrade ever

SC Newmad (debonair shock) DT 240s/E13 TRS rims/DT revs, Reverb, XTR brakes, full XO1 (XTR cranks), Haven stem, carbon bars, 130g saddle, mag/ti pedals, Schwalbe tyres, tubeless – 29lb 10oz.

What tyres/forks? You should be miles lighter than me with that lot.

That aise – how are the E13 risms? Heard mixed reports, looked at a set of the LG1s for my DH bike.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Stanton slackline Ti – 25lbs. Hardtail FTW!

superfli
    Free Member

SC Heckler 6.1
    30.85lb as per my luggage scales:

Thats with Xfusion Vengeance forks, RP23, ArchEX rims Fat Albert front, NN rear (snakeskin). Reverb, 1×10 XT (SLX rear mech), Sunline V1 bars+stem, SS nano pedals, Excel grips, Charge Ti saddle.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

What tyres/forks? You should be miles lighter than me with that lot.
    That aise – how are the E13 risms? Heard mixed reports, looked at a set of the LG1s for my DH bike.

Pikes and Schwalbe Magic Mary/HD both in snakeskin 2.35″. Both tubeless.

The TRS rims arn’t bad, although I did crack the rear one racing the EWS in Whistler. It survived the rest of the holiday though, including a tonne of park laps.

The LG1 rims are a bit dent-tastic I think, there are probably better choices out there?

honourablegeorge

Hob Nob – Member

Pikes and Schwalbe Magic Mary/HD both in snakeskin 2.35″. Both tubeless.

The TRS rims arn’t bad, although I did crack the rear one racing the EWS in Whistler. It survived the rest of the holiday though, including a tonne of park laps.

The LG1 rims are a bit dent-tastic I think, there are probably better choices out there?

Yeah – just liked the look of the LG1s as much as anything.

As for weights – my Ion 16 is 29.94 lbs on a new set of Feedback bike scales – and other than having 27.5 wheels amd the debonair being slightly heavier, I can’t work out how your bike could be almost the same – either your scales is being unfair to you, or mine are being generous – I’d have expected your frame to be two pounds lighter than mine

philwarren11
    Free Member

I’m building a 2014 Orange Alpine 26″ at the moment with pikes, monarch rc3 debonair, zee cranks and mech, saint flats, 780 renthal bars and stem, formula the ones with 203mm hope floating rotors flows on hope pro2 evo and specialized tyres, charge scoop and specialized command post dropper and by my adding up of parts I reckon it’ll be about 32-33lbs. I’ve had a lightweight ish bike before and kept breaking it so I’d rather have a slightly heavier bike that doesn’t break.

gonzy
    Free Member

It would be helpful for me when stating weight what size the bike is too.

my frame is a small
    and i weigh 11st…or there abouts

ski78

Transition Bandit 26 large
    Fox Float 32, Float CTD rear
    Mainly SRAM X9 2 x 10 (some X7)
    Halo Vapour Carbon Wheels, Maxxis Minion DHF (Rear) & Nobby Nic (front)both tubed.
    RS Reverb post

According to my luggage scales it’s just under 31lbs, was a bit over 31 with the old alloy wheels.

charliemort

Don’t know if it is really enduro, but Pyga oneten 29’er, Arch on Hope, tubeless Nic / RR, XT double groupset, Hope M 4’s 203/ 180 mm, reverb, XT trail pedals, thomson stem, Kinesis carbon bar is 30.2 lbs on Park Tool scales

beano68
    Free Member

Well just got my new Spesh enduro carbon 29er and fitted a renthal carbon fatbar and 50mm stem and mine comes in at 28.6lb

scoobmw
    Free Member

Alpine 160 – CCDB and coil Rc2 up front too.
    35lbs.
    Blech 😉
    Never had so much fun in my life as pointing it down EWS8 and engaging gravity.
    Oh what fun ….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

As everyone’s scales are apparently off kilter , which brand of scales are accepted as accurate ?

scoobmw
    Free Member

Mine

🙂

kimbers

I have to fess up

When I weighed my bike Yesterday it came out at 14.2 kg rather than 13.5 as I stated before, must be selective LCD myopia or something

scoobmw
    Free Member

Joking apart, surely most scales are close enough ….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s kinda what I thought. They aren’t going to to be out by shedloads. Apart from the full sus on page two obvs…

kimbers

I was a bit concerned that my 3 quid ebay luggage scales might be a bit flaky but i weighed my 5kg kettle bell and it came out at 4.99 kg which I’ll take

scoobmw
    Free Member

Some of these weights seem perfectly fine to me to be honest.
    The difference in weights of tyre is huge.
    Put a SG Magic Mary on a 650b … 1100g, put a lightweight tubeless Schwalbe on and you might be half that. That a 1lb per tyre.
    Then use a fixed seatpost instead of heavy dropper, light’ish wheels and you would easily see 3lbs or more dropping off a bike, going from into the 30’s back to the 20’s.
    So in short, with the right kit for what you want it’s do’able without going carbon mental I think.

jamesoz

2001 (I think) Turner Rfx
    Fox vanilla RC coil
    Marz 66sl
    X fusion Hilo dropper
    Charge spoon ti saddle
    D521 rims on hope bulbs (from the nineties).
    Zee brakes on old hope 205 and 185 5 bolt rotors
    Zee mech+shifter
    Slx cranks + bash+Superstar thick thin chainring
    Saint pedals+bb
    Xt cassette
    Smorgasbord and chunky monkey folding tyres
    Nukeproof bars
    Ragley stem
    36lbs according to a set of fishing scales. It climbs very well but is a bit nose heavy.

Chainline
    Free Member

@honourablegeorge. the Newmad in carbon starts at 2.5kg weight exl shock according to manufacturer. The Ion16 in a M is 3.1 excluding shock weighed by anal individuals. My FG Ion at 675mm TT is 3.4kg with steel hardware (cable guides, boltthru axle, shock mounts excl. shock

Like for like stiffness frames Carbon is typically 25% lighter give or take so smidge over 1lb give or take. Much more weight to be saved in careful or expensive component choices than frames.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Another proper bike Jamesoz, cheers!

Rscott
    Free Member

13.6kg which is around 29.9lb, I’m not in the weight saving game it just happens to be the set up I chose.
    cannondale prophet,
    Revelation dual air 15mm maxed 150mm travel
    Pro 2’s on xm 321
    Heavy duty tubes and single ply advantage tyres
    Race face evolve xc stem and cranks 2×9 set up with bash XT mechs and shifters
    Thompson seat post spoon saddle and rich wrc bars, Hayes 9 brakes and shamans m520 pedals the cassette chain and rings are all cheep deore atm.

I recon I could nock a lb off if I really wanted to but I’m not to fussed

Northwind

31kg including bag, packaging, spares, tools, knee and elbow pads, 1kg of haribos, and 2 loaves of gluten free bread. I mean, nothing at all apart from the bike

choppersquad
    Free Member

Does anyone ride a Cannondale Jekyll carbon?
    If so, how much does it weigh?

colournoise

Was intrigued by this thread and about to build a new bike, so checked the calibration on our kitchen scales with a litre of water (pretty much spot on 1kg) and weighed EVERY component as I built.

Orange Alpine 160 26 (Small) with a reasonably ‘enduro’ build (Slants, Flow EX on Superstar Tesla, Butcher/The Captain, XT brakes, SRAM X9 1×10 with a TRex and XT cranks, Superstar Slider chain device).

Spreadsheet tells me 13.6kg / 29.9lb.

Average overall wieght on my archery scales over 5 weighings comes in around 31lb.

Was expecting 32lb or so, so am happy with that (and happy as I can be that a weight of 30.5lb give or take 1/2lb is real world accurate.

tomhoward

Was the litre of water weighed in a steel box?

kimbers

Were you at sea level ?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As for weights – my Ion 16 is 29.94 lbs on a new set of Feedback bike scales – and other than having 27.5 wheels amd the debonair being slightly heavier, I can’t work out how your bike could be almost the same – either your scales is being unfair to you, or mine are being generous – I’d have expected your frame to be two pounds lighter than mine

Maybe I’ll weigh it again, my cheap luggage scales might be short changing me 🙂

It doesn’t seem too out of range though, there are other bikes of similar spec that are similar weight? FWIW a few people have weighed the frame, they come out at 5.3lbs minus shock.

I still think I could build mine to ~27lbs if I threw a chunk of money at it, but I might start to jeopardise it’s use with borderline inappropriate bits on it, and it doesn’t make me go any faster anyway!

colournoise

kimbers – Member
    Were you at sea level ?

I live in the fens, so probably below it.

jamesoz

Cheers Glasgowdan, even my xc bikes start light then end up heavy as stuff dies. Either way a heavy bike can ride like a light bike if the design is right and damping is set well, in fact the Turner rides lighter than my hard tail but is physically heavier. The weight is only noticeable on short sharp climbs.

kimbers

well, random update the wifes away so thought id check and see where I was at after going from the stock sram 1×10 to shimano and oneup and some onone carbon bars, by my maths shouldve had me down to 14kg exactly

hmmmm maybe if I clean it a bit better I can loose 80g

kudos100
    Free Member

Almost bought a 153 Kimbers, but was put off by the money it would cost me to get it to a respectable weight!!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 190 total)

The topic ‘whats your AM/Enduro bike weight?’ is closed to new replies.