Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • What’s you favourite spaceship?
  • KonaTC

Borg Cube – they just rock

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

There you go… all the others can run and hide now

scuttler

Elite? In colours? Did I miss something?

Sonor
    Free Member

MrsToast
    Free Member

Top 3:

1. Imperial Star Destroyer (Star Wars)
    2. The Event Horizon (Event Horizon, funnily enough)
    3. Slave I (Boba Fett’s ship, Star Wars. Gotta love a ship that looks like an iron…)

CheesybeanZ

Red Dwarf

smoke me a kipper i`ll be back for breakfast

Kuco

Shinzon’s Scimitar from Star Trek Nemesis.

leebaxter
    Free Member

Flesh Gordons motor wernt to bad!

druidh
    Free Member

Scuttler – Oolite!

CountZero

Yay, sonor put up my favourite, a Bab5 Shadow Ship! Just wonderful, semi-sentient biomachine. Lovely design. I also loved Fireball XL5, I’ve got a lovely large diecast model, Liberator, and any number of the ships from Banks’ universe. I also rather liked the shape-changing starship from The Last Starfighter.

cbike
    Free Member

Moya and her driver.

(I’ve got a colleague that looks like Chiana!)

scuttler

Thanks Druidh – downloading right now. Is it named after the ooo-laaa martian thingy in War of the Worlds?

I don’t play computer games me. I’ll let you know if this is no longer true at 4am 😉

Off to the anarchic end of the galaxy! Byeeee!

tinribz
    Free Member

I just like to colour.

Kuco

Romulan Warbird’s always look more menacing face on.

WackoAK
    Free Member

From Ulysses 31

Kuco

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Well theres something to be said for the event horizon i mean apart from the fact its pure evil its got a drive that opens a frickin black hole and one cool lifeboat system.

The Serenity from Firefly has got a fond place in my heart for pure industrialism and general Shonkiness.

druidh
    Free Member

johnhoo
    Free Member

shiny 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

For the “trivialists”…

If you watch the pilot episode of BSG, get to the scene where Laura is being told of her cancer, look behind her and you’ll see a Firefly coming in to land.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

1. Imperial Star Destroyer (Star Wars)

You knows it. No contest.

2. The Event Horizon (Event Horizon, funnily enough)

LOL! How uncanny is that??!? 😯

3. Slave I (Boba Fett’s ship, Star Wars. Gotta love a ship that looks like an iron…)

I always thought it looked like some sort of orbital sander/polisher, or a hair dryer or something.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Dwelller Planetary defence craft from the “The Algebraist” by Iain M Banks. No pics of it anywhere, but for sheer destructive kick ass power it can’t be beat.

(Sorry – It’s 23.07hrs standard earth time, I’m posting sci-fi gibberish – does this make me a nerd?)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Right. Spaceships what don’t appear in a visual form, in a film or owt, don’t count. If it ain’t in a pic, it ain’t allowed.

Fair enough?

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Rudeboy – point taken.

I’ll back out with my respect intact…

Or has that been done away with by my initial attempt at entering the fray?!!!

(Good book though – worth a read)

montylikesbeer

Never give up , never give in

dobo
    Free Member

This has got to be the scariest and most awesome sounding spaceshipthing!!

if not the BSG vipers are fairly cool but the original 1980’s vipers sound way better on take off and shooting cylons!

matthewjb
    Free Member

Spaceships what don’t appear in a visual form, in a film or owt, don’t count. If it ain’t in a pic, it ain’t allowed.

Fair enough?

Seems a bit arbitrary to me.

A Imperial Star Destroyer is impressive but so is one on The Culture’s Systems Class GSVs. 200km long! I just can’t find a picture.

I did find this one of an Orbital though. 10,000,000k in circumference!

nickc

Gotta love a spaceship shaped like a gun.

jeeez what a bunch of geeks 🙂

matthewjb
    Free Member

While searching for pictures of Culture craft I found that ‘State of the Art’, one of Banks’ short stories, has been made into a BBC radio play.

I downloaded a copy here.

RepacK
    Free Member

+1 for Serenity :mrgreen:

flamejob
    Free Member

1) Fleur de Lance (the specification kept me scribbling when I was a kid)

2) Suluco – As NickC said; plus the Cayenne dropships and the APC 🙂

3) H-Type Nubian Yacht from Episode 1

So it’s true; we’re all nerds. We should hold a Sci-Fi film-night!

CountZero

Here’s where I show my true geek credentials. I have a black MA1 jacket with proper crew patches from the Leonov, from 2010, and a flight suit with a complete set of crew patches for the Nostromo, complete with the baseball hat. Probably worth a bit on fleabay nowadays. Must say I do love the Sulaco’s drop-ship; kind of out-atmosphere A10 Thunderbolt. Nifty.

CountZero

Oh, and Rudeboy, don’t go changing the rules at this point. The OP did not specify whether a ship had to be illustrated, just your favourite. The OP’s choice, AFAIK, has never been illustrated, and if it has it was after it was first described. I’m gonna stick with Culture ships, because they are intelligent, arbitrary, largly amoral, frakking huge and have such cool names. So there.

Brainflex

househusband

For the “trivialists”…

If you watch the pilot episode of BSG, get to the scene where Laura is being told of her cancer, look behind her and you’ll see a Firefly coming in to land.

Will have to find that one… just for pure geekiness! I was gutted when I found they were ditching ‘Serenity’ after only one series.

juan
    Free Member

I’m gonna stick with Culture ships, because they are intelligent, arbitrary, largly amoral, frakking huge and have such cool names. So there.

Well if that is what a ship should be/do I think the incal lumière ship kick ass…

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

**** me!!

Just as i think that this forum cannot get any sadder!

‘whats your favourite spaceship?’ Good God!!!

😉

HTTP404
    Free Member

I used to like the interceptor from the U.F.O. series by Gerry Anderson.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Technically, not a spaceship, more of a time machine, but there’s one for sale here

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just because it played an cool tune and made you do odd things with mashed potato!
    😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘What’s you favourite spaceship?’ is closed to new replies.