Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What's wrong with my router then?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Talktalk broadband….never really any problem running with crappy talktalk wired router.

Switched to Belkin Wireless Modem-router around 6 months ago. Computer (Mac) connected to router via ethernet. Xbox, iPhone, iPod Touch all connect via router no problem since then.

This evening modem router refuses to connect to internet; "sees" adsl etc but won't see "internet". Try rebooting, restoring factory defaults etc but no joy. Try plugging back in original TalkTalk supplied wired modem. Everything works fine (but now no wireless around hosue for everything else).

Any ideas?

Hadge
    Free Member

Check the network name. Had similar problem with my Belkin router today. I switched my gf's laptop on and it renamed the network! I re-set it back to what it was but it still didn't work. So I went into the router settings on main pc and restored it to factory settings. Since then it's worked fine. I've had a few problems with my new Belkin router, one of my laptops, a brand new HP expensive jobby just won't connect to it. Doing my head in and looks like I will have to contact HP for help.

ton

you need to get a new login password from belkin.
    mine did this a week or so ago.
    once you get the password talktalk will talk you through the rest..

Superficial
    Free Member

The issues I've had with the talktalk router is with the wireless doing exactly as you mention – the computer gets a signal but can't connect to the internet. If you can use the internet via ethernet cable, read on. If not then you'll have to do a hard reset on the router (there's a button on the back).

So, with the ethernet cable plugged in, go into Internet Explorer/Firefox/Safari (whatever) and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press return. Log into the router control panel (default: admin, admin) and select the wireless settings. Type a new password for the wifi and save the settings. You can then type the old password again – E.g. if your phone/xbox have saved settings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What's wrong with my router then?’ is closed to new replies.