Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What's wrong with my elbow?
  • tallmart10

So I have never had trouble before with my elbow. Have swum 1-2 miles per week every week for 20+ years, but just last week I noticed a pain when doing front crawl at thee point where my arm is extended the most in front of me and I am pushing down. Also occurs when I am standing and hold my arm in front of me and push downwards on a solid object.
    I get a sharp pain on the inside bony bit of my elbow. As soon as I stop the pushing motion, the pain goes away. It hasn’t built up gradually but just came on suddenly. I haven’t done anything like fall of my bike recently – which makes a change.

Any ideas, armchair Docs, before I trundle down to the paid docs and catch a cold in the waiting room before being told to “just rest it for a few weeks”?

chickenman

Golfers Elbow. Rest, deep massage, Ibuprofen gel might work but if you use your arms for your work you might need a steroid injection; only thing that worked for me.

shermer75
    Free Member

Ok standing up, arms stretched out in front of you with the palms facing the ceiling. Which side of the elbow is it, the inside or the outside?

ps44
    Free Member

Yeah, probably golfers elbow.
    I have the same in my left elbow, and swimming exacerbates it. My right elbow has similar but on the outside tendon (tennis elbow). Both are overuse injuries from windsurfing. There’s quite a bit of decent remedial advice online regarding stretching, massage, and exercises.
    Seeing a sports physio would be the first step. Acupuncture worked well on my right arm last time this happened.

tallmart10

Hi Shermer

It is the inside.

Just googled Golfers elbow. It does seem to be correct from what I have just read.
    Darn it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What's wrong with my elbow?’ is closed to new replies.