Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Whats wrong with my AM1’s?
  • jimmy

I bought a pair of Marzocchi AM1’s (2007 I think) from ebay last year which were unused / brand new. I used them for Mega after only a few rides on the bike and the damping cartridge snapped on the first day without much encouragement – I was only riding down a grassy slope at the time, they compressed and went *thunk* and lost damping. Managed to get them repaired in Alp d’Huez, but then noticed they wouldn’t keep air pressure and as I had previously not put air in, I’m unsure if they ever did. They had always been very soft and could have explained the damping cartridge snapping as there was insufficient spring to stop them severely bottoming out a lot.

So anyway, I haven’t ridden the bike since for one reason or another and thought I’d check the forks. The manual recommends c.20psi but it takes up to 150psi until they start feeling anything like well sprung (I’m ‘only’ 12st). And even then they don’t seem to hold pressure.

So, for all the long story is it just the air cartridge thats knackered for not holding air? But also why would it need so much pressure? And I’m guessing I don’t have a leg to stand on in terms of warranty repair…

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

if thier 07’s and u got em from ebay itll be hard for warrenty…i been told thier not hard to pull apart and service urself tho…
    all am’s are quite soft tho…especially if they r just air sprung…but i think u can have coils put in if u want

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Whats wrong with my AM1’s?’ is closed to new replies.