Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's with 'price match' ?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

If it’s cheaper elsewhere, why not just buy elsewhere?

I can understand it if it’s your LBS but why, for example, buy at Evans if CRC have it cheaper anyway?

xiphon
    Free Member

Because you might want to use their services in-house at the same time.

So price-match some tyres…. and ask them to fit them (if you’re unable).

It’s a way for the shops to try to retain you as a customer (or future customer, if you’re yet to buy something through them)

spooky_b329

Evans price match is great, you can stand in the queue with your stuff, and use Google Shopper on your mobile to check the prices 🙂

I saved nearly £10 on a tyre and over £20 on a Dakine bag a couple of weeks ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ourmaninthenorth

Because sometimes you think “I need x for the ride home tonight, tomorrow night’s TT, I won’t be at home for 4 days” so you buy it then and there at the same price and no risk of online card fraud….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Becasue Evans is (nearly) my LBS, the nearest one is hugely expensive (sells mainly orange 5’s and carbon bling).

And it’s easy, just walk into evans pick stuff up, walk to checkout, pay CRC price.

avdave2

The Evans one can be useful if you have a store near by and want to buy sized items. You can order more than one size price matched and shipped to store then try it on. They’ll refund the one you don’t need.

thepurist

If the OP is referring to doing a price-match online, I sometimes find stuff advertised cheaper at a retailer with a shonky reputation or even one I’v enever heard of and would prefer to get that price matched and have confidence dealing with a faceless giant like CRC or Wiggle who won’t run off with my credit card details and… oh, hang on a minute, I think there’s a flaw in my argument.

Deveron53
    Free Member

by ‘shonky’, do you mean like Dave Hinde? Or is there a league table of Shonky. Go on, who is regarded as ‘shonky’ (and why?)

carbon337
    Free Member

Evans price match is great if your needing something say on a friday to go away for a weekend etc. Also it saves the hassle of the postman taking my package back to the depot 20 miles away when your working all week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's with 'price match' ?’ is closed to new replies.