Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's with all the moths?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Gazillions of them out this afternoon and this evening. Have the dumb blighters been caught out by the temperature change?

philfive
    Free Member

Northwind

Hope the next cold snap wipes them out then, can’t stand the little monsters.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I dislike them more since I found out they’d been eating the carpet in my lounge…

duntstick
    Free Member

I like em, them and Flutterbyes, they’re fragile and it tells me that all is well where they are. Like the canary/gas/mine thing. I prefer to be where they are.

Northwind

Butterflies, fine. But moths… especially those big hairy ones… They zoom around the light and make that skkkkrkkskkrkr noise when their wings beat off the walls, then they fly directly into your ear, then fly off and hide until the second you relax then they do it again. They totally creep me out. Mottephobia is not an on-trend phobia unfortunately.

Also, they make a terrible mess when you smash them.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

This is the Atlas Moth, which I once saw on a building wall in Thailand.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Butterflies, fine. But moths… especially those big hairy ones… They zoom around the light and make that skkkkrkkskkrkr noise when their wings beat off the walls, then they fly directly into your ear, then fly off and hide until the second you relax then they do it again. They totally creep me out. Mottephobia is not an on-trend phobia unfortunately.

Also, they make a terrible mess when you smash them.

Well there’s clearly an answer in what you’ve just said. Turn off the lights, sit in fear and don’t try to hit them and you’ll have no problems!

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

One of my mates (who was a junior DEFRA scientific advisor up until a few days ago) puts it down in part to an EU-wide ban on some of the stuff that is allowed in pesticides and commercial pest control products in the last couple of years. Not sure of the truth of it but there do seem to be lots of them about.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's with all the moths?’ is closed to new replies.