• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What’s UK Bike Park like then?
  • Smee
    Free Member

Heading down there next week for a few days with some students. Whats the riding like?

c_klein87

I’m one of the students racing the XC, but the DH there is very good from the bits I’ve ridden, many different track all quite mental and a 4x cross track which is open saturday night. Should be a good weekend apart from the XC racing

Smee
    Free Member

What is the XC course like?

snaps
    Free Member

Doesn’t mention XC on the web site http://www.ukbikepark.moonfruit.com/#

MrNutt
    Free Member

It may be a bit much for you me old dear:

http://www.ukbikepark.moonfruit.com/

that said you could always race the uplift truck 😆

tell me when you’re going I may drag my lazy arse along, I’ve been promising to go down there to ride with DrP for ages! That said he may still be in Cuba??

c_klein87

I rode it a few weeks back and most of it wasn’t taped out yet, its very new, so I’m hoping the more people have ridden since then to bed it in, there is a big climb at the end, maybe a few more that I didn’t discover……

Oggles
    Free Member

According to some dude on facebook, the XC is ‘Good for spectators’ whatever that means.

Hopefully some of this:

A bit of this:

And there will probably be some of this:

(these aren’t UKBP)

forge197
    Free Member

I rode there last year it was ace until it rained then it was unrideable.

The uplift is also an experience when it both the fast vehicle and the older slower vehicle, was great fun for something different.

james
    Free Member

“tell me when you’re going I may drag my lazy arse along”

Apparantly they’re running a wristband system fro entrants, so that they can chuck off anyone who doesn’t have one

The XC was built over the winter I think, to NPS standard apparantly

Should’ve gone back to dunkeld .. sending the XC course down part of the DH track (Albeit with the drops removed) was a brilliant idea. Really good to ride and watch

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

dunkeld was a good one, although the top half of the descent, which had just been cut out a week or two before, wasn’t the best for racing on. cwm carn was pretty good too, only one lap for the sport which was a little short really… shit weather that weekend too 🙁

i’m not bothering with this years, too far from st andrews for me (although think there are 8 going…), i’ve too much work to do, an my mate wrote this about the XC course…

‘the main climb is the uplift track- a **** steep fireroad (walking time), the short new sections they have ‘built’ at the top are a shitty little unbedded track on loamy soil. after that you ride UP half the 4X track, then follow one of the DH tracks down the steep hill. these are good fun, but will be a nightmare to race XC on as they will bottleneck terribly when the lycra-brigade (and others, there’s a tricky corner i didn’t make!) stop/fall off/waddle around. just pretty gash really. ‘

but i dunno how accurate that is, its all i’ve heard though.

sharki
    Free Member

If the xc course is pretty much what was cut out last year, then it’s a good mix, i knew the inital plans were to run it around the side of bike park using a few natural bomb holes and then traverse the hill droping down a off camber section then a steady climb up again before looping around and finishing with one of the gentler DH runs the nback up the uplift track….If it’s wet it can be pretty sketchy and the flint will carve you up if you do bin it at speed.

The DH runs are varied with some being fast and swoopy, others being steep and twisty and the 4X track is a hoot…

Best to to the DH on an uplift day.

Good scram in the Portacabin too if it’s open, noms!

DrP

That said he may still be in Cuba

Nah – I’m back!
    Was gonna mail you about a ride sometime soon!

Nutt – you free end of March for a ride this way?
    Could head to UK Bikepark, or do a local ride from my place?

Get some car tax though first…..

DrP 😉

DrP

Nutt- of there’s an uplift tomorrow……

DrP

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What’s UK Bike Park like then?’ is closed to new replies.