Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • What's tickled you on a ride recently?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

On my road ride last night I was overtaken by a black BMW with the passenger window down. A little pug dog was peering out the window with a really cheery look on its little face. It reminded me of Frank in MIB and gave me a real chuckle.

So what’s made you titter while out riding recently?

Klunk
    Free Member

the wife falling into some brambles at 0 mph and being stuck 😆

MoreCashThanDash

A big car outside an Asian sweet shop with the plate DE55 RTS, presumably the owners.

I laugh at simple stuff though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cbmotorsport
    Free Member

long grass

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sunshine at 7am. Hammering it on the ride to work this morning in said sunshine knowing I’m not riding home. I usually take it easy in the morning but I could hurt myself a bit this morning.

ads678

I nearly rode over an onion in the road this morning, for some reason that made my chuckle.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Klunk you are a bad man.

IHN

Bushwacked from around ‘ere selflessly placing himself between me and a barbed wire fence last night, when my front wheel kicked out on a climb and I unclipped the wrong foot. Sorry fella 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

she laughed at my comical forgot to release the front brake over the bars moment (also at 0mph) so alls fair in love and war 😉

whippersnapper
    Free Member

In a similar vein to MoreCashThanDash although slightly less PC was the number plate KR11 PLZ.

weeksy

Weds evening at Swinley… 2 Superheros closed on me on section 2 as I was warming up… put the power down and made them chase me a bit… 3 corners later the lead rider stacked it and fell down the hillside…. Oh how I laughed 🙂

wwaswas

A woman with a loudhailer leaning out of a car shouting at us to keep pedaling.

No idea who she or the driver was or whether they roam Sussex University looking for people to heckle.

DezB
    Free Member

A big line of cars, all queuing to get to work, as I breezed past 🙂

hora
    Free Member

On an early morning road ride last weekend I rode past a circa 19yr old male wearing a cycle helmet riding a 6yr old pedal bike whilst swigging from a bottle of wine.

The mind doesn’t need much imagination to imagine his life/whats going on there.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The mind doesn’t need much imagination to imagine his life/whats going on there.

I must have limited imagination.

mrchrispy

Big lad flying down snake pass last night…christ he was motoring but he had a massive grin. he was a happy man and it made be smile. hat i say

Mister-P
    Free Member

Do you mean a pedal bike for a 6 year old or a bicycle from 6 years ago? This information will skew my imagined scenario somewhat.

jekkyl

I had the same thought Mister P, if it was the latter how was Hora so able to decipher the age of a bicycle?

cinnamon_girl

Riding along a right of way when up ahead I could see a man with an animal on a lead. That’s not a dog I thought, nor could it be a miniature pony. Got closer when I realised it was a pig with a massive girth and on a lead. Owner told me he was getting it ready ‘for the show’.

😀

rOcKeTdOg

The 3 guys on hybrids who over took me last night on the tarmac flat section who then couldn’t drop me on the climb.
    ” c’mon guys if you’re gonna pass at least pull away”

“I’ve only got 18 gears” said one

I was on a 29+ with hardly any psi, much bantz ensued

martinhutch

Finding the only wheelgrabbing mudhole left on my otherwise bone dry local loop and going merrily OTB in front of a load of DofE kids this morning. They laughed too. 😀

Then a blade of grass or something tickled the sidewall of my Schwalbe tyre and left an inch long slash.

hora
    Free Member

A 6yr olds bike. It was bizarre and saddening at the sametime.

Talking of being overtaken on a hybrid- yesterday I was pottering along on my way to work and a middle aged lady in a Nurses uniform came haring past me on a big ladies step-through with obvious effort, I laughed and she laughed 😀

plyphon
    Free Member

The mass hordes of campers desperate to move their living rooms into a small patch of grass & a tent in the new forest.

amedias
    Free Member

The puppy in the front basket of a lady’s bike as she rode down the towpath in the evening sun, said puppy was stood up in the basket, front paws on the edge, ears flapping in the gentle breeze, jaws snapping all over the place trying to eat the midgies as they cruised along 🙂

tomd
    Free Member

Got past by a guy riding to work yesterday. He was trying pretty hard, but had all the hallmarks of a fair weather cyclist. Just after he passed me he tried to signal to turn right but couldn’t ride one handed so started wobbling and bumped into the side of a car before coming to an uneasy stop by the kerb. I rode past laughing, it was a pretty spectacular flounce.

hora
    Free Member

What? I’d have been concerned for him.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

The chubby middle aged naturist jogger I saw early one saturday morning a couple of weeks ago. I’m still tyring to un-see it!

tomd
    Free Member

What? I’d have been concerned for him.

he wasn’t hurt. Maybe I should have stopped to teach him to ride one handed in a straight line?

theotherjonv

Mate repairing a puncture on a fat bike. Near exhaustion set in as he tried to get it back up to some kind of pressure with a minipump.

I watched, and giggled. Attentionwhores, the lot of you.

edlong
    Free Member

if it was the latter how was Hora so able to decipher the age of a bicycle?

He probably used to own the frame…

ant77
    Free Member

About to go under a very narrow road bridge (one way road, very quiet) and there’s a guy sort of dancing down middle of the road away from me, arms extended out, sort of shimmying along.
    I opt to pass him on the right, but as I get closer he moves to the right so we’re on collision. I say ‘excuse me’ and he says ‘whoa man, no need to go so fast’ – I’m going barely faster than a track stand.
    So I stop and say ‘whoa man, there’s no need to dance along with your arms out’…
    We both laugh and carry on our way, him still dancing…

ferrals
    Free Member

wasn’t riding at the time but in the vein of tomd’s answer, a while ago I saw a guy on a roadie in a skinsuit with a full on pain face on weaving in and out of stationary traffic and bits of coned off roadworks at a fair lick and making a pretty decent job of it, until he misjudged the gap between two cones, one cone somehow got fed into into his drive-train and rider, bike and cone all went flying in different directions. Hope the bloke and his bike were ok but i couldn’t help but laugh.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Had a ride over to Rivi last night, could see the smoke up on the tops from miles away. Got up near the mast to find all manor of Fire and Rescue vehicles, Police helicopter the works.

Just as we rode through the worst of it, a Vicar appeared out of the smoke akin to Matthew Kelly on Stars in Their Eyes to announce ‘don’t worry lads, it’s only a fire’.

I had to bite my tongue to stop me saying something along the lines of no shit Sherlock.

unovolo
    Free Member

Had a afternoon ride along the tow path from Hyde upto New Mills,

On the way back get to the tunnel at Romiley which is about 150/200yds long, narrow and almost pitch black after the first 20yds.

I can see the silhouette of a guy on a bike already in there, so I set off through and soon catch him up as he’s bouncing off the wall and handrail.

Gets to the otherside and he’s a nervous wreck, tickled me as I carried on my way.

On the same ride stopped by 2 horses in a field in the Hawk Green area, they both looked pee’d off so I asked them ‘Why the long face’.

Harry_the_Spider

Doggers.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Now the weathers cheered up a bit, and I’m in Town working, I take my foldie the long slog all of 10mins into Canary Wharf.. 8)

What cheers me up ? Well it’ll be all the lovely looking Ladies out on their bikes riding in too.. Some in full on lycra, some in floaty skirts, some in suits.

I love summers on bikes 😀

mudsoul
    Free Member

Big group ride Thursday evening, 25+ riders. Sprightly ride leader/trail builder stopping every so often to guide people around and give riders new to the group some pointers about what to expect on the trails ahead. At a rest stop he’s doing his thing and says – in reference to the narrow, twisty and rooty singletrack – “If you go 10% faster, it becomes 20% harder”. Rider from the back yells out “You sound like my missus!” 😀

justatheory
    Free Member

The fat dude on a hybrid who parked in front of me at the lights this morning.

thepurist

I felt sorry for the poor bird which tried to fly away though a wire fence, clattered into it then tried to fly off through my bike. I felt a bump and heard a squawk but didn’t look back. Sorry Tweety

carlos
    Free Member

Knowing the trouble some people go to to ‘earn’ a KOM (rolling eyes smiley)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘What's tickled you on a ride recently?’ is closed to new replies.