Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What's this part called? I need one!
  • Milky
    Free Member

I have an XTR rear mech and today I caught a flipped up branch in the spokes of my rear wheel within the loop of the chain and the wheel carried it around and tore the mech off the hanger. Most unfortunate. There is a little damage to the cage but I may be able to get away with it.
    What I need help with it this; the small, metal piece that bolts to the hanger has broken in two but I don’t know if it is a part that has a name and can be bought on it’s own? I do hope so as this is the second mech I’ve had this happen to in the last year and these things are pricey!
    In this shoddy photo it is the part that is uppermost in the frame.

Thanks

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Have a look here.

mattstreet

Crikey – think I’d just get a new one, or consider going singlespeed! 😉

techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/blevel.jsp should be able to help you find a name & part number.

EDIT: too slow 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hilldodger
    Free Member

go to http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/index.jsp and find your s;pecific model, if it’s got a part number you should be able to order from Madison via LBS.
    However, having a part number doesn’t always mean there’s any stock so be prepared for a few weeks wait…….

EDIT
    :even slower:

Milky
    Free Member

Thanks guys!

Now I’ve just got to find me one. Any ideas for tracking one down in Scotland? I’m on Arran right now and had planned to head up to Lochgilphead and then to Fort William. I may need to make a diversion to get me rolling again!

stevomcd
    Free Member

I’d go round my LBS with plenty of biscuits/doughnuts/your-choice-of-bribery-material and see if you can blag one from an old mech that’s on its way to the bin.

I broke the same part on an XT mech last week and replaced it with one off a knackered SLX mech I had lying around, so I think they’re cross-compatible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What's this part called? I need one!’ is closed to new replies.