Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • what's this inside my Thomson stem? (possible crack content)
  • foureyes
    Free Member

no, not a vole or a mole, but i think a hole or 4. Couple of years old, used on a rigid SS with a carbon bar so tightening has been done with a torque wrench and Pace paste to avoid having to do it too tight.

They look a bit like an internal chuck was used during manufacturing which im sure they are, but none of my other X4s have this, and as you can see a couple of these marks definitely look like a crack opening. will contact Thomson of course and feedback their response, but keen to here if this has been seen before.

foureyes
    Free Member

Thomson have said they think it looks like anodising conductor markings but to send it back if im concerned about splits. am arranging the return as the top two pics almost show what look a lot like cracks to me. they can certainly be felt with a finger nail and as anodising is supposed to be non existent-ly thin i'm not sure its simply a gap in anodising. all four marks can be felt as well as seen. anyways top marks to Thomson for their speedy initial response.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

someone on here about a month or two ago? had a similar thing and he got told it was where the stem is held for anodizing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘what's this inside my Thomson stem? (possible crack content)’ is closed to new replies.