Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Whats the worst fish and chips or meal you have had?
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

Local chippy in Swansea, thankfully now under new ownership.

When my large fish and chips arrived, she said “arite luv, I’ll only charge ewe for a small fish cos the batter is hard”. Didn’t go back.

Thankfully the Waun Wen chippy is now much better.

geologist
    Free Member

Im a firm believer that British citizenship should involve eating fish and chips weekly 🙂

Worst – My local in Ludlow 🙁

Best – Rick Steins – Falmouth, or The monk fish battered from Darts farm, or the battered salmon from the Ashvale chippy in Elgin

mattsccm
    Free Member

“Soggy/non-crispy chips from a chippy is a crime punishable by death. It’s that simple”
    Trendy telly watcher and so wrong. When i was younger chips were not crispy and can never be. not pulp but never ever ever crispy.
    Bad meal. the chippy in Aviemore.bloody awful and bugger all for a stupid price.

tomhoward

Bikebuoy, that would be Oliver’s, and it’s 5 mins from my work. It’s amazing I’m not the size of a small house…

Worst meal I ever had was at a chinese restuarant in Lanzarote, ordered a chow mein and as it arrived infront of me I thought ‘something is awry here..’ My suspicions were confirmed on my first mouthful of the noodles. They were spaghetti!!! Overcooked tasteless spaghetti at that. Whole thing just tasted weird.

On the bad fish n chips front, any chain pub IME. All frozen, then charge double what a proper chippy would. Don’t mind paying restaurant prices for fish and chips, if they are restaurant quality.

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Whats the worst fish and chips or meal you have had?’ is closed to new replies.