Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • What's the worst crime to have happened close to your home…?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Say a mile or two at most. Probably this one for me…

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/three-on-pub-murder-charge-3555428

Rorschach
    Free Member

Next door ran out of Quinoa and Pinot Grigio.

bearnecessities

A bloke down the road got into his car the other day, wearing a short sleeve shirt.

…and a tie.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Two year old boy was murdered by his mother last January about 100m from here.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/25/rosdeep-adekoya-jailed-11-years-killing-son-mikaeel-kular

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I once lived in a flat without a TV license.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Stabbing/murder 3pm outside my local paper shop 200yds down the road.
    This on the day I moved out after living in Brixton without any trouble for 5 years.

beej

I drank a warm mass-produced lager.

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

The Great Train Robbery – about a mile away – ‘tho Jack Mills probably didn’t think it was that great… Great Train Robbery

yossarian
    Free Member

Murder, 3 doors up the street. Appeared as a prosecution witness, they all got 20 years plus. Little shits.

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

Oh, and the human slavery case too – that’s two miles away! Human Slaves

mikey3
    Free Member

The man across the street fought the law,and lost.Said he shot a man in reno once aswell,no idea why.

allthepies
    Free Member

My brother so far this year has had:-

A stabbing about 20 metres from his house, witnessed by his wife.
    Armed police raid his next door neighbour as a suspect into the shooting of a man earlier in the week.

It’s actually quite a nice neighbourhood 🙂

khani
    Free Member

When I was very young we lived next door but one to the moors murderers, and for a short while Dr Shipman was my GP,
    And where the two police women were killed by the nutter with a hand grenade and pistol was about three miles up the road..
    I’ve moved now…

hilldodger
    Free Member

Neighbour rides in a WC jersey 😐

allthepies
    Free Member

Shocking. FPKW so close to you.

bearnecessities

Just thinking though, what a depressing thread to start.

Couldn’t you have gone with “what was the nicest thing to happen…” etc, instead of linking a 12 year old crime to where you live?

Meh, humans *puts down wine* 🙁

metalheart
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/671778.stm

I used to live just round the corner from where this took place.

I was away the actual day of the murder but the Loon was interviewed as part of the house to house enquiries…. Fortunately he hadn’t seen anything.

Bregante

There’s a bloke selling flowers at the weekend at the side of the road that crosses the top of ours.

No traders licence.

I’ll have that bastard.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Mrs Toppers was until recently a child protection social worker. Some of the local cases she dealt with are horrible.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/65-year-old-mystery-cutt-mill-murders-4860878
    Done in, in the woods at the end of my old garden. It’s a spooky place even now…

rickon
    Free Member

Murder of a disabled person in one place, murdered prostitute in another, human slavery where I used to do tempos.

wallop

Our house was once used as a cannabis farm and ended up being sold “to pay back the proceeds of the crime”! 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Cycle through CutMill quite often* 🙂 I was aware of this historic murder!

* a bridleway goes straight through it.

jimjam
    Free Member

Double murder in the alley behind my apartment when I was a student. Several more rapes and murders in the same area in the following years, maybe a one mile radius.

This house, probably double murders again. #Belfast #Discovernorthernireland

Edit: and a triple murder just a few minutes from where I grew up…but it was 80 odd years ago. still.

Bregante

Actually this particularly gruesome ritualistic murder happened just minutes from mine.

horrific

Bregante

PePPeR

Most notorious is the Profumo affair which took place in Avon Carrow, a beautiful house in the Warwickshire countryside.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

loddrik
    Free Member

Just thinking though, what a depressing thread to start.
    Couldn’t you have gone with “what was the nicest thing to happen…” etc, instead of linking a 12 year old crime to where you live?
    Meh, humans *puts down wine*

I just find it interesting. The link is 12 years old as thankfully not too much happens by me.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I went to school with Fred West’s daughter. Thought we hadn’t seen her for while when that story broke.
    Earlier this year a young lad pretty much had his head cut off outside my old local pub. linky
    No really, its a lovely area….

MrOvershoot

I lived on the same street as Fred & Rosemary West!!
    While they were digging up the bodies 🙁

porter_jamie

i went to school with a serial killer
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverley_Allitt

globalti
    Free Member

A bloke bludgeoned his wife to death just around the corner. It must be the postcode.

footflaps

I had a resin model cat, called Pandora, stolen from the front garden a few years back. Was the talk of the neighbourhood for literally minutes.

grey

Double murder at the end of the street, both victims were friends of mine from school.
    Probably happened about 25 years ago.

grizedaleforest

Shocking the way the neighbourhood has gone recently

Neighbourhood Alert

woody21
    Free Member

An alleged arm robbery, oddly enough despite armed police, police helicopter etc. no one was ever found or charged. Police told the victim not to give any press statements (which he did), victim claimed the robbers took his rent payment of £4k – strange he only paid a peppercorn rent of £50 per month

The police quietly dropped the case

theotherjonv

Same as allthepies, cut mill pond is one of my regular routes.

Or should I say, was…… too spooky now 😉

matt_outandabout

I lived in Toxteth in 1991 onwards.
    Everything.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I once lent a DVD to a friend without the express permission of the owner of the copyright.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘What's the worst crime to have happened close to your home…?’ is closed to new replies.