Viewing 19 posts - 161 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • What's the worst album you ever bought?
  • markcurtains
    Free Member

On the subject of RHCP, it seems from my Twitter feed, I’m not allowed to like them anymore. BUt Californication was ace, so up yours.

I did buy Stadium Arcadium though which ensured that I tend not to argue with people who slag them off.

To the person who said Arrested Development’s album convinced them that hip hop wasn’t for them; I love hip hop and I still took it back to the shop and swapped it for an Ice T album ( that wasn’t up to much either tbf)

Most of the other bad stuff I have or had were gifts, honest Guv.

Garry_Lager

The Holy Sound of American Pipe – Vermonster. Extremely obscure band bought on vinyl in an American record store for far too much money. Hard to even google this nonsense now – one guy sums it up as appealing to people who think Sister Ray by VU is way too accessible and structured.

Partial to a bit of Bruce Springsteen over the years but the early 90s were a career-low. Bought Human Touch from that time and it is garbage. He’s hit an miss with his sound, IMHO, but you can rely on his songwriting. Not here – doubt there’s anything that would crack his top 100 songs.

ulysse
    Free Member

What the hell was i thinking?
    https://www.discogs.com/Slide-Down-So-Long/release/1561908

And Mansun, wide open space, i had or may still have a remix by some Irish production god or other that i played quite a bit at the time, ill have a quick crate dig and if its on youtube…

ulysse
    Free Member

Yerrr, i still have it, i quite enjoyed it so here ya go, endure.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp0bGzYML14[/video]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trouser_Enthusiasts

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

EMF: Schubert Dip

Bought because of “Unbelievable” which for me happened to apt for the rest of the album, unbelievably bad! 😆

funkmasterp

I’m going to get flamed for this, but the only album I’ve ever taken back was Radiohead’s The Bends.

I’m a big music lover and have tastes that span lots of different genres, but have just never gelled with anything Radiohead have done. Purchased or listened to all their stuff and it doesn’t click. I’m exactly the same with Muse too. Appreciate that both bands can pen well constructed songs and display some fine musicianship, just not for me. Flame away!

mikey3
    Free Member

It’s your musical taste,how can people flame you for that? personal thing innit,though I must say anyone who has any super furry animals album among the worst they have ever bought clearly needs mental help :-).Oh and XX for me too(or is it the XX?).

kimbers

leegee – Member
    Nine Inch Nails-Fixed. unlistenable

No that’s wrong, is a remix of Broken so helps if you know that, but i wire b like the happiness in slavery version on there

Gary_M
    Free Member

So I’ve just listened to my worst album agai, Pleasure by Girls at Our Best!, and it really is dross, Fast Boyfriends was the highlight and do be fair there was one other reasonable song the rest was just dire.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I have 2 copies of the miseducation of lauryn hill.

Make it 3, take mine.

Warbly wibbly melody-free dross.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I can think of a few…

Limp Bizkit – Chocolate Starfish
    Earth Crisis – Breed the Killers
    Trapt – Trapt (I was a nu metal kid but this was utter drivel)
    Taproot – Welcome

No doubt, there’s many more in my CD collection that now resides in the attic!

I don’t mind St Anger; the production is poo but there are a few good songs on there.

ChrisL

panzerjager – Member
    4 Non Blondes album, Bigger, Better, Faster, More… I bought it on the strength of the ‘What’s up?’ single.

Absolute garbage, don’t know what possesed me to buy it, but I haven’t bought another record since on the strength of hearing just one track.

I got half way through it, took it off, never listened to it again.

Ah well, I got that album, loved it and still listen to it from time to time. It and Soul Asylum’s Grave Dancers Union have a special status for me, they were probably the first two albums I got where it felt like they were fully my own choices, rather than through tastes I’d picked up from friends or family.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have plenty of the CDs mentioned above and still like them but

Limp Bizkit – Chocolate Starfish

is the only CD in my largish collection spanning many years that I haven’t ripped to MP3 and may never listen to again

steve-g
    Free Member

I obviously have no taste in music as this thread has triggered multiple “oh must go listen to that again”s, I think the most let down I have been by an album purchase was It’s 5 o’clock somewhere” by Slash’s Snakepit, and even that sort of grew on me

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Whoa there Pimpmaster – Phunk Junkeez?

I’m going to Spotify to see how rash I was.

Edit: nah, still awful. But they do remind me of this, which is a worthy addition to the thread:

Two good tracks if memory serves. Why the Chilis allowed them to sample is beyond me.

CountZero

I like Elastica, saw them on their first tour, I still wear my Elastica tee shirt too
    I saw them on that tour supporting Pulp, thought they were dull and plodding live. The album was better though, good pop album.

They were headlining, I saw them at the Fleece in Bristol, they had to play two songs over again for encores because they only had enough songs for a main set!
    I’ve seen worse, when it comes to dull and tedious: 65daysofstatic.
    Thankfully I’ve never bought any of their stuff, and I saw them by accident.
    God, they were dull!

ulysse
    Free Member

I saw the king blues as support for headliners Hard Fi when they released Stars OF CCTV, they were worse than dire.
    Saw the King Blues a couple of months ago and nowts changed

MrSmith
    Free Member

MR Mister, welcome to the real world.
    I still have no idea why I did that?

jambalaya
    Free Member

As much as I love Elvis Costello his Brodsky Quartet album was dire. Critics liked it but Inthink I only ever played it all the way through once.

Radiohead’s new album is terrible and as I bought it on iTunes I can’t sell it even for a few quid.

Viewing 19 posts - 161 through 179 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘What's the worst album you ever bought?’ is closed to new replies.