Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Whats the third best 160mm fork?
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

MRP, current 36s are very good though

Feel free to give us a call about MRP or DVO too
    MRP/BOS/36’s as 3rd best? Or would you pick them over Pikes & Bos?

deviant
    Free Member

I purposely chose X-Fusion as they spec less pressure for a given sag than most other forks, I also liked the marketing blurb about a sealed cartridge damper and X-Fusion only using metal components in their products, no flimsy plastics etc….so far so good (160 Sweeps BTW), if anyone wants a barely used Rockshox Monarch RT3 shock in exchange for an X-Fusion O2 shock I’m all ears….I’ve truly been converted!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

2016 is looking very tasty on the fork front. I have a set of Pikes sitting ready and waiting for my new build but getting serious upgraditis before I’ve even taken them out the box……
    MRP Stage
    X Fusion Roughcut
    DVO
    Fox 34s

All looking excellent for next year.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

So the choices will be from…..

RS Pike
    FOX 36
    FOX 34
    X Fusion Roughcut
    Manitou Mattoc
    MRP Stage
    Marzocchi 350
    Suntour Auron and Aion
    DVO Diamond
    RST Rogue
    BOS Devile

LoCo
    Free Member

MRP/BOS/36’s as 3rd best? Or would you pick them over Pikes & Bos?

I have the 2015 36 Float RC2s, considered Devilles at time bought, MRP stage would be next, DVO, then Pike (had a set of those too) also had X fusion Sweep, which are ok if you get a very good deal on them, but with Pikes at as little as £400 for the RCT3 (pesky euros 😉 ), it’d have to be alot cheaper than that.

godzilla
    Free Member

Where are you seeing Pikes at £400 Loco?

darrenspink
    Free Member

You can get 26″ on Alltricks etc for about that but not 650b.

elliott-20
    Free Member

After years and years of running Fox, I thought I’d give RockShox a go and bought some Lyrics Solo Air RC2L (because they were a bargain and still i 1/8th).

Single handedly the best fork I’ve ever ridden.

godzilla
    Free Member

Guy just picked up my Lyrik 2mins ago, I feel sad already.
    Reading about the Mattock is interesting, people seem to rave about them! Half tempted but the residual value ain’t gonna be great.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Marzocchi aren’t going out of business.

I have a set of Lyriks with DH damper and they are brilliant.

My marzocchis (55RC3Ti) are a league better and rarely need servicing due to oil volumes (looking at you, Fox).

So I’d put Marz at the top of the list…

Alex

I’ve had X-Fusion forks in 26 guise – Slants and 29er – Traces. Both excellent forks with noticeably better damping and stifness than the revelations they replaced. Also had Devilles (in 26 flavour). The Deville is an awesome fork, somehow super plush while having fantastic damping. Light and stiff and pretty easy to set up compared to some forks with High/Low speed damping adjust.

I liked the X-Fusions for their simplicity and performance at a price – at the time – way less than a BOS or a Pike. Having had 650B pikes for three weeks on the new bike, I’d have to say they are noticeably better than the x-fusions, and I certainly wouldn’t feel a BOS would be a massive upgrade.

Hadn’t realised until reading this thread how many 160mm forks there are. Enduro eh?

godzilla
    Free Member

Well its down to the Pike or Mattoc at the moment, i love the look of the all red Mattoc, and for £400 too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hadn’t realised until reading this thread how many 160mm forks there are. Enduro eh?

It truly is a glorious time to be alive.

godzilla
    Free Member

Quick update, I decided to go with the DVO, i was very close to ordering the Mattoc or Pike, but just fancied something different.
    I look forward to posting my new Nicolai build soon!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Whats the third best 160mm fork?’ is closed to new replies.