Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What's the STW record for…
  • dawson

..the longest period of time that their S.O hasn’t spoken to them for?

She hasn’t spoken to me since 9am Tuesday.

Midnight NYE was spent with me reading WMB and her watching Jools Holland (both in the same room) and not a word was said.

trout
    Free Member

Whoa that sounds a bad one what heinous crine did you commit

even when I forgot the wedding aniversary it was only a couple of days.

Houns

ffs life’s too short..’kin speak to her

Burls72
    Free Member

A chap I worked with had the same problem. What he did was waited until she went in to the kitchen, followed her in and started looking through all the cupboards and draws until she got so annoyed that she asked him “what are you doing?”. To which he replied “looking for your tongue”.

jam-bo

Houns – Member
    ffs life’s too short..’kin speak to her

This.

Or start the divorce proceedings…

dawson

she has issues with our 8 year old daughter (who is at the stage where she is ‘pushing it’ and sometimes doesn’t do as she is told at the first time of asking)

I may have suggested that ‘I don’t have that trouble with her’

this caused the SO to burst into tears and leave the room

nuke

Not a good start to the new year. Both sound like a pair of stubborn buggers…no offensive like 😉

NYE would have been a great opportunity to attempt to try resolving it. Someone has to, so man up and get on with it…as Houns says, life is too short.

iDave
    Free Member

how have you managed to have an 8 year old daughter when you’re both 12 years old?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

What iDave said.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mitch managed to not speak to us for about 5 days but then he came back.
    Surf-Mat hasn’t said anything since Tuesday (I think) either.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Mitch managed to not speak to us for about 5 days but then he came back.

Yeah he really shoved it up them STW mod men 🙄 😀

maxsatnav
    Free Member

kids in not doing as they are told first time ….shocker……

wait till she is 13,14,15,16,

talk to her man

CaptJon
    Free Member

Ive not spoken to my gf all year…

anokdale
    Free Member

Oh yes wait until she is 16 then the fun starts, 😕

King-ocelot
    Free Member

For the sake of your daughter just speak to your wife. What kind of an impact will this have on your child? How will she tell her friends when she goes back to school that mummy and daddy didn’t speak for days because of something she did? It’s not easy being a parent and children don’t always do as they are told, but c’mon.

iDave
    Free Member

have you tried tickling her or holding her nose?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

dawson – Member
    she has issues with our 8 year old daughter (who is at the stage where she is ‘pushing it’ and sometimes doesn’t do as she is told at the first time of asking)

I may have suggested that ‘I don’t have that trouble with her’

this caused the SO to burst into tears and leave the room

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I am under the impression that parents are meant to form a united front and make the kids abide by the same rules? if you don’t you are on a hiding to nothing. Not exactly the “done thing” to say that she doesn’t do that with me, maybe think about why and offer that as a technique to your partner.

As a teacher their is nothing more annoying than hearing some sanctimonious **** say “he/she is fine for me – its just you!!

You need to grow up imo and speak to each other and sort out some basic rules/sanctions for your madam of a daughter.

singletrackmind

Jamie
    Free Member

singletrackmind:

Good point, well made.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can someone tell Jamie that I don’t think singletrackmind is speaking to him?

Junkyard
    Free Member

sulking for that long is bad but when you are struggling with a child that comment is not what one wants to hear. Perhaps say sorry and say you did not mean it that way . Offer her support and dicuss the issue and the best way to deal with said child.
    I am assuming this is a one off rather than amethod of dealing woth issues if it is not I personally cannot be bothered with sulkers it as I find it a bit childish and it does not resolve the issue to ignire it generally.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can someone tell Jamie that I don’t think singletrackmind is speaking to him?

I would, but since he called me a ponse (sic), I’m not talking to him.

dawson

just to update – apologized last night and talked it through.

iDave
    Free Member

and……….?

who apologised to who?

avdave2

who apologised to who?

Well it’s only the 2nd day of the year and already iDave is a dead cert for a win in the most stupid question of the year award. 🙂

And if it’s any consolation to anyone who’s gone through this my wife once stopped speaking to me for some thing I did in one of her dreams!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I would think the apology was towards your daughter.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What's the STW record for…’ is closed to new replies.