Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • whats the 'stripy' optic in the Gloworm X2 lights for?
  • ed34
    Free Member

Just got round to having a play with my Gloworm X2 that i got last week. Comes with two extra optics, one is a clear one like one of the pre fitted ones, but the other is clear with moulded in lines, not a diffuser type one like the other pre fitted one.

whats the one with the lines for?

i could just fit it and have a ride but thought i’d ask to save faffage!

ed34
    Free Member

Bump!

No one know? Come on STW don’t let me down !

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

think the pre fitted optic is the spot-flood and the spare is spot-spot

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimw
    Free Member

I asked the same question about the X1 via email to Gloworm.

Bruce replied:

The installed optic is the Spot Optic.

The optic with the Honeycomb effect in the centre is the super spot.

the other is the diffused/flood optic.

Cheers

Bruce

may be the same for the X-2?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The X2 didn’t used to come with any spare optics so this must be the new one

My X1 came with spot, flood and middle but no stripy, I think it’s new for 2016.

I did see discussion about this kind of optic for the new light, seen here:

Did you know the @Glowormlights XS comes with 2 spare optics. One of which is our new #wideangle optic. This optic…

Posted by Gloworm Lights on Monday, July 13, 2015

If it’s got ridges/facets down the face, it’s designed to have them vertically and provide a wide spread without loosing light vertically (no point lighting the sky)

I’ve had a couple of GoPro mounts fail in normal use, just seen on their Facebook page they now offer them in aluminium so was obviously a weak point. Good to see the development.

Shame Gloworm product info on their own website doesn’t seem very up to date, they are great lights but still have a small company feel about the way they communicate them.

Also a pity CRG Moto website still appear live – anyone thinking about Gloworm, read threads on here and avoid!!!

stevied
    Free Member

The stripey ones are, normally, elliptical to give a wide/narrow beam.

glowormnz
    Free Member

Hey guys. We are indeed a small company and working hard to update our website and communication. You will see a lot of changes over the coming months.

Regarding the optic. It is wide angle and designed bit fitted with the lines vertical.

These are now included in all X2 and XS kits to help you customise your beam pattern.

Bruce

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘whats the 'stripy' optic in the Gloworm X2 lights for?’ is closed to new replies.