Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's the stiffest spring for a 2" DHX?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

As above really. Is there anything stiffer for a 2" stroke shock? I know they do stiffer springs but as far as I can see, only for 1.5" shocks.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

800lb x 2.35

Onzadog
    Free Member

As I thought, thanks for confirming.

Looks like I just need to try harder in fat club then!

GW
    Free Member

What does it matter what the stiffest is?
    surely you only need to look for the spring weight you actually need 😕

GW
    Free Member

what bike is it for?

I'd look at getting something with a lower leverage ratio if you need more than an 800lb spring.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I'm looking for the stiffest to see if there is something bigger than I already have. As can be seen from the first three posts, I'm already at the top of what I understand to be available. It's a turner 6 pack (HT) and I've just tried a 800 lbs spring with is about right but I didn't haver all my kit on. Just wondered if there might be an 850 or the like out there that I didn't know about. However, I think will anything over 800 the issue is the free length. I'm not sure it's possible to make a spring of that weight with a 2" compression and a free length under 130mm.

As for changing the bike, no thanks, I'm quite happy with the 6 pack once I et this sorted. And yes, I've already had it pushed for my weight. (220-210 depending on kit and how much water)

GW
    Free Member

You could have a spring made, it's not massively difficult or hugely expensive, just find a spring maker (try in the yellow pages).

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep true about the free length onza, it's also whether the spring could have enough travel due to the number of coils needed. It's like over preloading a spring it would become coil bound/bottom out before full travel of the shock was achieved, this destroys shocks pretty quick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's the stiffest spring for a 2" DHX?’ is closed to new replies.