Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What's the sickest youve ever felt?
  • maxray
    Free Member

I’ve been Lucky tho surfaced this afternoon after 2 days of fever shivering and an imploding head whilst lying in a foetus position. Proper put me on my ass whatever it is.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Treefella

never met anybody whos had weils before, the hallucinations for me went on for 5 days very strange with occasional normal bits inbetween. I was only 17 at the time and I was fit after a couple of weeks my bone marrow,liver and kidney function had started to shut down but I bounced back. The only affect was that I got drunk very quick but after a short while all back to normal.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Got an infection in a ruptured spinal disc. Not a common problem for a man of my age, and wasn’t diagnosed for months. Gave me a seriously bad back to the point I couldn’t really walk and did a Tyler- Hamilton-style grinding my teeth down job. All went away when they stuck a needle in and sucked the pus out. 🙂

Cougar

Swinging a hammer in a tight spot,I smashed it into my nose

<anecdote>

Years ago, in teenager times, I helped a mate rip out a fitted wardrobe. Lots of hammers and swearing, it was great.

Once it was mostly over, his grandad turned up to nod sagely, and his mum came up to fuss around picking sawdust out of the carpet in the way only mothers can.

Grandad clocked a particularly lengthy piece of timber and said, “that’s a big ‘un, where did that come from?”

My mate, claw hammer in hand, pointed at the base of the hole formerly known as a wardrobe, “it went from down there…” then pointed towards the ceiling, “to up there.”

As he went “to up there,” his mum spotted a speck of dust on the carpet. She went “ooh” and bent down just as his arm swung up. Peen / skull interface, sounded like a gunshot. I’ve never seen anyone lifted clean off their feet, before or since, outside of cartoons.

Ultimately she was fine; I’ve no real punchline to this and perhaps there’s an element of “you had to be there,” but I thought I’d share.

hairyscary

Ruptured appendix.

3 days of feeling a bit rough followed by a lot of pain.

When the on-call doctor phoned the hospital to get surgery prepped I kind of became…erm….tranquil.

Xylene
    Free Member

Dengue Fever – really messed be up and made me hallucinate for a few days as well.

lipseal
    Free Member

I had quinsey this time last year, think that’s the worst I’ve felt. 😥

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Proper flu one New Years Eve & Chicken Pox when I was 32. Similar to each other apart from having spots in places I didn’t think was possible.

Cougar

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever come across quite so many “diseases I’ve never heard of” until I signed up here.

brakes
    Free Member

Waltzers… can’t do Waltzers
    just thinking about them makes me want to chuck
    strangely, I once went on one smashed and it was fine 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Malaria, 1996 (aged 19).

Went undiagnosed for around 2 weeks. Fixed with 5 weeks’ worth of Lariam taken in one day – which is generally not very good for you.

CountZero

Really sick only twice, Scarlet Fever when I was very young, and a week-long dose of ‘flu around twenty years ago. Also had a dose of something around three years ago that I worked through but bloody hell I felt rough, going to bed shivering, waking up at 3am with the whole bed soaked in sweat. Had to wrap myself in bath towels to avoid having to replace the bedclothes every night. Dunno if it was flu, but I don’t want it again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

getting the winter vomiting bug was fairly unpleasant – simultaneous squirting from both ends

However nothing makes me feel as sick as that “ping” as you over tighten a bolt and strip it / sheer it

Not done it for years but its horrid

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Mentally ill,please see my post

nowthen
    Free Member

Dengue fever, I knew I had it (google self diagnosis) but the hospital disagreed and sent me home, two days later my wife basically carried me to the car and took me back to the hospital, where they decided, yes, it was Dengue! By which point I was pretty much purple all over from capillaries breaking down, hallucinating, high fever with excruciating pain all over my body… Spent few days in hospital on drips etc then weeks and weeks recovery…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Giardia for a month .

Touring at the time – just stopped as and when – didn’t know what it was visited 3 hospitals and had zero success – “it’s just a bug” – yeah I’ve been shitting and spewing every half hounight and day for a month !!” – got to see a private doctor who worked it out in 2 mins and cured me in 24 hours – what a good nights sleep that was

On the plus side got to the lightest I’ve ever been for years 10 stone – fighting weight is 12 lol

M6TTF
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    It has to be said that I felt pretty sick after following Missy Giove down a 14 mile descent

probably due to inhaling the cloud of narcotic substances in her wake

prettygreenparrot

gastric flu perhaps. Could barely crawl from toilet to bed & back & ultimately stayed in bathroom. It only lasted a few days.

Other than that, radiotherapy wasn’t much fun but in a different class of unwell.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What's the sickest youve ever felt?’ is closed to new replies.