Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Whats the shortest time you`ve worked somewhere ?
  • shooterman

One month. Was asked to fire someone on very flimsy grounds which would have ruined their career. When I refused I was then sked to blackmail said person into disclosing information on co-workers which the bosses wanted. Pointed out to the cheif executive and department head that they were behaving criminally and resigned the next day.

steve_b77
    Free Member

13 days, got the job, found another that paid more, handed in notice, bye bye.

It's definateley easier to find work when you've got work

Weasel
    Free Member

Hour and a half in a temp job, got a better offer for a placement starting the next day, got paid for 3 hours.

Kuco

2 hours then I got the sack for lumping some fat **** who thought it be funny to eat my lunch.

Tinners

Six hours. Memory Lane cakes in Cardiff. A summer job taken purely for financial reasons because it paid better than a more interesting job elsewhere. My task was to don white baker's clothing, heatproof mitts and a hair net then pick up a tray of 4 hot cakes coming out of the oven conveyor belt and tap them out onto a separate "cooling tower" conveyor belt. For hour, upon hour, upon hour. I was bored sh1tless after the first 10 minutes. A pair of elderly ladies either side of me in a trance like state with no conversational skills. A big, noisy, cooling fan opposite where a succession of male co-workers would occasionally drop their trousers to cool their sweaty @rses and waft pubic hairs which would float in my direction and land on a few cakes in the process. Utterly, utterly mind numbingly boring. My first taste of the reality that some unfortunate souls have to do jobs that are so repetitively, utterly boring that it hurts. I just couldn't hack it and couldn't take part in the cake pilfering at the end of the shift either, which made me feel more isolated and others suspicious of me. I left after that shift and didn't come back. Life's too short. Managed to get a job the next week in a post room instead, which was a great laugh with a good bunch of people. Laughs and banter all day long.

bigbob38
    Free Member

12 mins!

As a head chef for some years, I took a new job and was told after 11 mins they had employed another chef who would be head chef and I would be 2nd….

IanW
    Free Member

About 10 mins, a cola factory oop north sometime in the eighties. I would do(and did) some rough jobs in those days but didnt fancy this one.

skiboy
    Free Member

4 hrs at very small engineering workshop in brackley,1997.

was told at the interview that they needed a fanuc vmc programmer/machinist, went in on first day and he told me he had changed his mind and wanted me as a manual turner?, told him i hadn't done that in 13 yrs since my apprenticeship and that i wasn't fast,
    he gave me my first part and then spent the rest of the morning telling me that i didn't seem to know what i was doing on the lathe, by lunch it
    had turned a bit nasty, eventually i told him he had to pay me for the morning and that he was lucky that i didn't have time to break his little weedy face for him, went straight to the agency thta had sent me there and gave them some abuse and told them to take me off their books and give me a cheque. 😀

geoffj

When I was a student I signed up for a scam job that involved going into pubs to teach Landlords how to use a new IT system which was being rolled out.

I was a little too cynical even in those days, and didn't make it past the first days training before telling the wide boy employer that it wasn't working for me. 😈

slimtubing
    Free Member

I too lasted one day picking strawberries. It sucked royally.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Whats the shortest time you`ve worked somewhere ?’ is closed to new replies.