Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What's the SDG Bel Air like? (compared to WTB)
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I usually like WTB saddles, particularly the Pure V.

SDG Bel Air ti is available for a fair bit less though, and is about the same weight.

What are they like for comfort (if you also like WTBs), moving around on etc pls?

Cheers guys

foxyrider
    Free Member

More comfy – have had 3 WTB’s and now replaced with Bel Airs – V comfy on a long ride 🙂

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I’ve had a Bel Air (non-Ti) on my bike for the 18 months. It’s got a bigger profile than more racey style saddles, but its definitely comfy.

TooTall
    Free Member

Sacked off the WTB on my last build and put a Bel Air on there. Much more comfortable in my butt’s opinion.

chakaping
    Free Member

cool – do you actually find WTBs comfy though foxy?

WackoAK
    Free Member

Going against what everyone else is saying I just don’t get on with the Bel Air, I find the WTB much more comfortable. The Pure V is wider than the Bel Air so that may be the reason.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh, and they’re not bad for shorts snagging are they?

Current saddle is rotten for that.

Bregante

I’ve had both. When I first sat on the Bel Air, having previously had the Pure V, I thought it felt much too firm and was worried I had made a mistake but no, it’s a good all day saddle. (having said that I am back to Pure V’s on my bikes at the minute)

MrFannay
    Free Member

I have been a WTB shadow V pro man on all 3 bikes for the last 3 years and always rated them for comfort but ordered an SDG Bel Air Ti yesterday as I demo’d an Orange5 recently with one on and when I gave the bike back the demo guy asked my opinion and my reply was, “brilliant saddle & tyres” (advantages)…….. I think he was a bit miffed 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve had a WTB Rocket in the past and currently have a Bel air ti on one bike and a Gobi Kium on the other.

The Gobi is more comfortable for me up to about 2 hours, anything longer than that and then the Bel Air is better.

bigjim

I have a bel air, thought it was good for the money, recommended it to a mate, he got one and hated it, so, depends on your batty I guess.

foxyrider
    Free Member

cool – do you actually find WTBs comfy though foxy?

Erm fine for short distances (i.e. the more racy models) but for long rides i.e. 3+ hours on a HT no 🙂

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

The Bel air ti is the comfiest saddle I’ve had. Never sat for any length of time on the WTB but can recommend the SDG.

Gutted that I went and bent it the other weekend. Not a fault of the saddle: suprisingly it wasn’t strong enough to take the combined force of me and the bike slamming it into the ground tail first after a log hop went terribly wrong!

djflexure

Have both bel air chromo and ti on different bikes. Can’t tell the difference. Both really comfortable and better than the other saddles that I’ve tried. Did 12.5hrs on one with no problems.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Another one here for not getting on with the Bel Air. Had a Rocket V which I replaced with Bel Air when it fell apart, but never really found it comfortable. Bent the rails on the SDG recently and replaced it with another Rocket V. Probably try a Pure V next time, but they do look a bit long

Andituk
    Free Member

I liked my WTB and I like my Bel Air, think they seem to be quite similar fit wise.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ordered. Thanks all.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bel Air/I-Beam setup on one of my bikes and I really rate it, no harris discomfort at all.

I prefer it to my old Pure V… It’s even better than my old Charge Spoon, previously my favourite for high mileage comfort.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Don’t bother with a Ti BelAir. They’re only 7g lighter than a CroMo one…..

Yes, I have weighed them both…. 😳

binners

I reckon your saddle is the most important part of your bike. I’ve put WTB Rocket V’s on every bike I’ve had. I decided to give the Bel Air a go. But the relationship between my gert big lardy arse and the SDG came to nothing. They were just incompatable. The Rocket V returned to its rightful place in my affections and the Bel Air was banished, unloved to that corner of the garage with all the spiders.

I recently won a Ragley saddle. And despite it looking like an instrument of torture, Its amazingly comfy

joeegg
    Free Member

Been using both for years and the SDG edges it in the comfort stakes and i’ve found it to be more durable than the WTB’s.Would still buy a WTB though if the price was right.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bel-Air convert here.

I like WTBs (especially the Speed V, Laser and old SST), but dislike the WTB Rocket quite intensely. In fact, if it wasn’t for the Rocket I’d probably still be using WTBs now.

It really was quite sh!t.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What's the SDG Bel Air like? (compared to WTB)’ is closed to new replies.