Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Whats the score with camping at STWeekender ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

How does the camping work at the STWeekender ? Pics show tents up top but no cars… also, anyone know if you can take a camper and drive up to camping area ?

Cheers.

Simon

Last year cars were parked at the bottom of the hill and camping gear was ferried up by Landrover and trailer.
    There did seem to be some cars on the campsite as well as a few campervans.
    Before the XC race on the Sunday I drove my car up to the quarry so I could get packed up, the security people didn't seem too happy about this but let me through eventually!

chorlton
    Free Member

Vehicles are not usually allowed up there unless unless your official.
    Just park your camper at the bottom. Travellers seem to like it there. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TonyL
    Free Member

Road up to the quarry is rough! cars can make it up there but they don't always come back down in the same condition they went up. So we would rather people left the cars at the bottom. Also its a narrow lane only wide enough for one car along quite a bit of it.

We will have a car park with security on at the bottom of the hill and an uplift service with landrover and trailer to take gear in to the quarry.

Quite a few people brought camper vans in to the quarry without too much of a problem.

Once a vechicle is in the quarry it will not be able to leave while the events are running. Lots of people on bikes, kids, horses narrow rocky roads.

simonm
    Free Member

Cool, thanks Tony… so can take the camper up.. although the road looks like it ull be a bit bumpy !

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Whats the score with camping at STWeekender ?’ is closed to new replies.